Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

DVD Recorder bargain

DVD Recorder bargain

Old Feb 19th 2005, 1:30 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default DVD Recorder bargain

If anyone (like me) has thought about buying a DVD recorder to replace video, I just received this DVD recorder today http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=382300

It's not region free unfortunately (at least I don't know if anyone has found an unlock code yet) but it seemed like a bargain at $130 including delivery. It was easy to connect up and I've already recorded stuff from my TiVo onto DVD and successfully played it in another player.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 1:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVD Recorder bargain

That's not bad...shame there isnt' a hack for it though...any idea about macro?
Old Feb 19th 2005, 3:07 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's not bad...shame there isnt' a hack for it though...any idea about macro?
I'm hoping someone will come up with a hack - I assume there must be one simply because there is an option to change the output between PAL and NTSC. It might not make too much sense to have that option if there wasn't a way around the region coding.

I have no idea about macro but mainly because I ain't got a clue what you're on about.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 3:15 am
Just Joined

VegaLA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neil
I'm hoping someone will come up with a hack - I assume there must be one simply because there is an option to change the output between PAL and NTSC. It might not make too much sense to have that option if there wasn't a way around the region coding.

I have no idea about macro but mainly because I ain't got a clue what you're on about.
It does look good but I would really like to know if yo can disable the macrovision so I could copy/convert the DVD to the HardDrive of my PC. I have a Pioneer DVD RW in my PC but I would really like something connected to the TV. I never bothered to get a VCR since moving here.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 3:27 am
Not here much

Originally Posted by VegaLA
It does look good but I would really like to know if yo can disable the macrovision so I could copy/convert the DVD to the HardDrive of my PC. I have a Pioneer DVD RW in my PC but I would really like something connected to the TV. I never bothered to get a VCR since moving here.
Maybe a google search on the make and model could lead to a forum that discusses that sort of thing. It's beyond the realm of anything I planned to do with it. I figured that I have it for a year, it works out at about $11 a month, and I feel like I can trade up when prices have come down on other models without having lost anything.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 4:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil

Chances are, there could be a firmware update that'll hack it because the videohelp site didn't have a remote hack....but anyway, the macro, that stops you copying dvd disc's by fuzzing the output. Without macro, you could then copy movies to vhs, only wondered because I've copied a few episodes of coupling for the in-laws as they missed a couple of the episodes, and they don't have a regionless player, and there's is to much hassle to hack, well it's a firmware one, and a dodgy one at that.