Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

DVD compatibility

DVD compatibility

Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVD compatibility

Originally Posted by chartreuse
One thing - don't get the $30-odd HDMI cable displayed next to it. I just got one off ebay for under $4.
If you have Comcast, ring them up and they'll give you a set of cables if you have the HD package for free...they don't tend to mention if much but they do it.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:27 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Your 'hack link' wasn't done properly. This Hack off VideoHelp works a treat.
Doh! Your link is, indeed, the hack I used. Thanks for the fix!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Doh! Your link is, indeed, the hack I used. Thanks for the fix!
No worries.

It is a nice easy one as well. When I was back in the UK I had a DVD player that you had to type in about 50 digits in 1.2 seconds whilst standing on one leg and juggling 8 balls in the other hand. Took about an hour to get it to finally work.

This one says "Press 138931 and a menu will appear" and it just does. Simple.

I've been able to watch my UK DVD's thru PC to TV but it's nice to finally get an actual player. At only $39 (not $42 as advertised online) from a Walmart just down the road it was well worth the risk. If it didn't work then so-be-it...

The 1st DVD I tested it with was Tim Roth's 'Made In Britain'. UK82 by The Exploited has never sounded so good!