British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   DV 2003 Europe being notified (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dv-2003-europe-being-notified-108236/)

pwhy May 10th 2002 5:25 pm

DV 2003 Europe being notified

I just called the Kentucky Center at 606-526-7500 and asked about when they'll start notifying the European winners.
The lady was nice and kept asking me my case number in order to give me more specific information. I had a hard time explaining her that I have no such number and that I am still waiting to see if I won.
Eventually she told me that they've started announcing Europe but I got the feeling she didn't really know much about this and I quit asking questions. She didn't actually convince me since she was quite unsure.
Anyway she was nice and I'm thinking about calling again later hoping that somebody else will pick up the phone there.

Lisa May 10th 2002 11:20 pm

Re: DV 2003 Europe being notified

pwhy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just called the Kentucky Center at 606-526-7500 and asked about when they'll
    > start notifying the European winners. The lady was nice and kept asking me my case
    > number in order to give me more specific information. I had a hard time explaining
    > her that I have no such number and that I am still waiting to see if I won.
    > Eventually she told me that they've started announcing Europe but I got the
    > feeling she didn't really know much about this and I quit asking questions. She
    > didn't actually convince me since she was quite unsure. Anyway she was nice and
    > I'm thinking about calling again later hoping that somebody else will pick up the
    > phone there.

You should just try emalling to the KCCDV.

Email: [email protected]

Write your name, date of birth and region.

On the subject line, just put: DV 2003

In a matter of seconds from sending the email you will get an automated response (but
don't reply back), and then it becomes a waiting game to see if they will reply back
to your email. I have found that they have been responsive, as I got an email within
a week. Here are my replies from the KCCDV:

Quote - "INFO: The Department of State does not publish a list of winners for
security purposes. All winning applicants will be notified through mail by June 2002.
If you have not received notice by June 2002, then you may call us at (606) 526-7500
or email us with your full name, date of birth, country of birth, any family
information and your request to see if you were selected. Thank you."

AND SUDDENLY, I GOT SOME GREAT NEWS!

Quote - "INFO: Thank you for your inquiry. I have searched our database for anyone
with the same information you have given. Congratulations, I do have a listing for
someone with the same name and date of birth you provided. This means that this
person is a selected applicant. For the applicant to receive his/her winning packet,
they should write us a letter explaining that they did not receive their original
packet and that they are requesting a new packet. The principal applicant should
include his/her full name, date of birth, family information and a photograph. Please
provide a current address and make sure that the principal applicant signs the
letter. Our office will review it and send him/her a new winning packet."

They have an incredible task at hand, and I wasn't expecting them to reply back to
me. As mistakes can happen as at the end of the day there could many reasons why I
haven't recieved my notification letter! Lost in the mail, maybe it's a complete
mistake and/or there is also someone out there in the Asia region with the same name
and date of birth as me!!!! Who knows!

Best of luck.

Lisa May 10th 2002 11:20 pm

pwhy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I just called the Kentucky Center at 606-526-7500 and asked about when they'll
    > start notifying the European winners. The lady was nice and kept asking me my case
    > number in order to give me more specific information. I had a hard time explaining
    > her that I have no such number and that I am still waiting to see if I won.
    > Eventually she told me that they've started announcing Europe but I got the
    > feeling she didn't really know much about this and I quit asking questions. She
    > didn't actually convince me since she was quite unsure. Anyway she was nice and
    > I'm thinking about calling again later hoping that somebody else will pick up the
    > phone there.

Email them at: [email protected]

Write your name, date of birth and region.

On the subject line, just put: DV 2003

In a matter of seconds from sending the email you will get an automated response (but
don't reply back), and then it becomes a waiting game to see if they will reply back
to your email. I have found that they have been responsive, as I got an email within
a week. Here are my replies from the KCCDV:

Quote - "INFO: The Department of State does not publish a list of winners for
security purposes. All winning applicants will be notified through mail by June 2002.
If you have not received notice by June 2002, then you may call us at (606) 526-7500
or email us with your full name, date of birth, country of birth, any family
information and your request to see if you were selected. Thank you."

AND SUDDENLY, I GOT SOME GREAT NEWS!

Quote - "INFO: Thank you for your inquiry. I have searched our database for anyone
with the same information you have given. Congratulations, I do have a listing for
someone with the same name and date of birth you provided. This means that this
person is a selected applicant. For the applicant to receive his/her winning packet,
they should write us a letter explaining that they did not receive their original
packet and that they are requesting a new packet. The principal applicant should
include his/her full name, date of birth, family information and a photograph. Please
provide a current address and make sure that the principal applicant signs the
letter. Our office will review it and send him/her a new winning packet."

They have an incredible task at hand, and I wasn't expecting them to reply back to
me. As mistakes can happen as at the end of the day there could many reasons why I
haven't recieved my notification letter! Lost in the mail, maybe it's a complete
mistake and/or there is also someone out there in the Asia region with the same name
and date of birth as me!!!! Who knows!

Best of luck.

Inon May 11th 2002 9:20 pm

Lisa,

That's a good info indeed. Would you please tell the format of email
i.e. should the name, dob and region be seperated by commas or in seperate lines.

Thanks a bunch.

A Friend May 13th 2002 8:20 pm

Lisa,

Just curious, have you actually received your new packet for winning DV2003 after
e-mailing them?

I have resided to a new country now. Do you have any idea if they will send to a new
address from the one that listed on the original DV2003 application?.

Thank you

"Lisa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > pwhy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > I just called the Kentucky Center at 606-526-7500 and asked about when they'll
    > > start notifying the European winners. The lady was nice and kept asking me my
    > > case number in order to give me more specific information. I had a hard time
    > > explaining her that I have no such number and that I am still waiting to see if I
    > > won. Eventually she told me that they've started announcing Europe but I got the
    > > feeling she didn't really know much about this and I quit asking questions. She
    > > didn't actually convince me since she was quite unsure. Anyway she was nice and
    > > I'm thinking about calling again later hoping that somebody else will pick up the
    > > phone there.
    >
    > Email them at: [email protected]
    >
    > Write your name, date of birth and region.
    >
    > On the subject line, just put: DV 2003
    >
    > In a matter of seconds from sending the email you will get an automated response
    > (but don't reply back), and then it becomes a waiting game to see if they will
    > reply back to your email. I have found that they have been responsive, as I got an
    > email within a week. Here are my replies from the KCCDV:
    >
    > Quote - "INFO: The Department of State does not publish a list of winners for
    > security purposes. All winning applicants will be notified through mail by June
    > 2002. If you have not received notice by June 2002, then you may call us at (606)
    > 526-7500 or email us with your full name, date of birth, country of birth, any
    > family information and your request to see if you were selected. Thank you."
    >
    > AND SUDDENLY, I GOT SOME GREAT NEWS!
    >
    > Quote - "INFO: Thank you for your inquiry. I have searched our database for anyone
    > with the same information you have given. Congratulations, I do have a listing for
    > someone with the same name and date of birth you provided. This means that this
    > person is a selected applicant. For the applicant to receive his/her winning
    > packet, they should write us a letter explaining that they did not receive their
    > original packet and that they are requesting a new packet. The principal applicant
    > should include his/her full name, date of birth, family information and a
    > photograph. Please provide a current address and make sure that the principal
    > applicant signs the letter. Our office will review it and send him/her a new
    > winning packet."
    >
    > They have an incredible task at hand, and I wasn't expecting them to reply back to
    > me. As mistakes can happen as at the end of the day there could many reasons why I
    > haven't recieved my notification letter! Lost in the mail, maybe it's a complete
    > mistake and/or there is also someone out there in the Asia region with the same
    > name and date of birth as me!!!! Who knows!
    >
    > Best of luck.

Lisa May 14th 2002 5:20 pm

Hi,

No I haven't heard anything from the KCCDV concerning any notification letter and/or
winning package. As stated from their response I had to mail them a letter which
contained information such as my name, current address, photograph, date of birth and
in writing saying I haven't recieved anything. My letter arrived at the KCCDV on May
10th (as I did a delivery confirmation, so I could track it on the internet). So I'm
still waiting for them to get back to me!

I have changed my address from the U.K to a friend's address in the U.S. After
calling them up at the KCCDV, they said I could put any address as long as I put C/O
(Care Of) - and this is also stated in the final email they sent to me, "CURRENT
ADDRESS". So, YES, it is a different address from my application DV 2003 form.

But as I said......"there could many reasons why I haven't recieved my notification
letter! Lost in the mail, maybe it's a complete mistake and/or there is also someone
out there in the Asia region with the same name and date of birth as me!!!! Who
knows!.............."

So lets wait and see.

"A Friend" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] able.rogers.com>...
    > Lisa,
    >
    > Just curious, have you actually received your new packet for winning DV2003 after
    > e-mailing them?
    >
    > I have resided to a new country now. Do you have any idea if they will send to a
    > new address from the one that listed on the original DV2003 application?.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > "Lisa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > pwhy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > I just called the Kentucky Center at 606-526-7500 and asked about when they'll
    > > > start notifying the European winners. The lady was nice and kept asking me my
    > > > case number in order to give me more specific information. I had a hard time
    > > > explaining her that I have no such number and that I am still waiting to see if
    > > > I won. Eventually she told me that they've started announcing Europe but I got
    > > > the feeling she didn't really know much about this and I quit asking questions.
    > > > She didn't actually convince me since she was quite unsure. Anyway she was nice
    > > > and I'm thinking about calling again later hoping that somebody else will pick
    > > > up the phone there.
    > >
    > > Email them at: [email protected]
    > >
    > > Write your name, date of birth and region.
    > >
    > > On the subject line, just put: DV 2003
    > >
    > > In a matter of seconds from sending the email you will get an automated response
    > > (but don't reply back), and then it becomes a waiting game to see if they will
    > > reply back to your email. I have found that they have been responsive, as I got
    > > an email within a week. Here are my replies from the KCCDV:
    > >
    > > Quote - "INFO: The Department of State does not publish a list of winners for
    > > security purposes. All winning applicants will be notified through mail by June
    > > 2002. If you have not received notice by June 2002, then you may call us at (606)
    > > 526-7500 or email us with your full name, date of birth, country of birth, any
    > > family information and your request to see if you were selected. Thank you."
    > >
    > > AND SUDDENLY, I GOT SOME GREAT NEWS!
    > >
    > > Quote - "INFO: Thank you for your inquiry. I have searched our database for
    > > anyone with the same information you have given. Congratulations, I do have a
    > > listing for someone with the same name and date of birth you provided. This means
    > > that this person is a selected applicant. For the applicant to receive his/her
    > > winning packet, they should write us a letter explaining that they did not
    > > receive their original packet and that they are requesting a new packet. The
    > > principal applicant should include his/her full name, date of birth, family
    > > information and a photograph. Please provide a current address and make sure that
    > > the principal applicant signs the letter. Our office will review it and send
    > > him/her a new winning packet."
    > >
    > > They have an incredible task at hand, and I wasn't expecting them to reply back
    > > to me. As mistakes can happen as at the end of the day there could many reasons
    > > why I haven't recieved my notification letter! Lost in the mail, maybe it's a
    > > complete mistake and/or there is also someone out there in the Asia region with
    > > the same name and date of birth as me!!!! Who knows!
    > >
    > > Best of luck.

Lisa May 14th 2002 7:20 pm

Hi,

Do it how ever you want, but I always idiot proof things like this.

Subject line of the email: DV 2003

NAME: Blah Blah

DOB: Blah, Blah, Blah

Region: Blah

So, YES, put vital important information on separate lines, just to make the KCCDV
people read it better! As I said, idiot proof it. Plus don't forget to ask politely
and nicely about if you have been selected as an applicant for the DV 2003.

But then again you never know who will read your email at the KCCDV!

Best of luck.

inon <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Lisa,
    >
    > That's a good info indeed. Would you please tell the format of email
    > i.e. should the name, dob and region be seperated by commas or in seperate lines.
    >
    > Thanks a bunch.

Peter May 15th 2002 2:20 pm

Re: DV 2003 Europe being notified/To Lisa

Hi, Lisa,

I sent an email, got an automated response instantly, and within 3 days received
another email, asking for Case number, DOB, etc.

Should I answer that? I had provided name, DOB and country/region in my original
email. Besides, I don't have a case number. What should I do? Just wait? Did they ask
you for a case number?

Thanx and good luck with the packet! Peter

Lisa May 16th 2002 12:20 am

Re: DV 2003 Europe being notified/To Lisa

Hi Peter,

I take it that you have written/emailed to the KCCDV requesting information to see if
you have been selected for the DV 2003 and also clearly stated your:

NAME DATE OF BIRTH REGION

It seems like the email that was sent to you within the 3 days was done via an
operater/personnel at the KCCDV. But they all use their generic template messages to
email back to people who have written to them. Getting an answer from the KCCDV is
tough, as it all depends on who actually read your email. In thoery they should do a
check and run your name and date of birth through their system data banks to see if
there is a match. As after all you have asked/requested them to do so in your
original email you sent. But actually getting them to do that, well, no one knows if
they will! They must be back logged and/or bombarded by requests via emails, calls
and letters regarding DV 2002 and DV 2003!

Even though the KCCDV have emailed me back stating that there is a match with my name
and date of birth and have requested a letter and other details from me. Well, I
became another statistic of many letters that are sent there wanting some form of
confirmation. I still don't know and haven't heard from the KCCDV to this day!!! I'm
not at all surprised though!

It is totally up to you, if you want to email them again and ask if have been
selected as an applicant, and pass over your Name, DOB & Region again. Maybe you
might get another response (besides the automated one) from someone else. But you
might get another, but different generic template message, which I hope will answer
your question/request.

When I wrote to the KCCDV, I did exactly what you did, and yes, I got a automated
response immediately. I never bothered to reply back as I never had a case number. As
I was just inquiring to see if I had been selected for the DV 2003. And KA BOOM, a
week later I got a response. I never expected a reply to my email. I guess I got
lucky with the person who read my email I sent. But at the end of the day I might
have got a response identical to yours.

There is no harm in emailing and requesting them again. How they respond back to you,
well, your guess is as good as mine.

I wish you all the luck.

[email protected] (Peter) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi, Lisa,
    >
    >
    > I sent an email, got an automated response instantly, and within 3 days received
    > another email, asking for Case number, DOB, etc.
    >
    > Should I answer that? I had provided name, DOB and country/region in my original
    > email. Besides, I don't have a case number. What should I do? Just wait? Did they
    > ask you for a case number?
    >
    > Thanx and good luck with the packet! Peter