Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Duvets and covers

Wikiposts

Duvets and covers

Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duvets and covers

Originally Posted by Ray
JeeZ!! I would commit suicide if I had to think about all that dross...
Well that's why you are so lucky to have Joycee.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:30 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolly
I got feather and down ones from Wal-Mart - they are lovely
85% chicken feathers I bet ...
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well that's why you are so lucky to have Joycee.
Correct me if I am wrong .. that why women are here....
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
LOL. Someones been telling you porkies.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:40 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Restoration hardware

Par example:

http://www.restorationhardware.com/r...navAction=jump

I thought they were excellent quality

Our relationship was in crises until we found the above store, I couldn't deal with the concept of having to live with some ghastly paisley effort from dillards or hechts
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
We just go along with you guys while it suits us. When it doesn't , well I am sure I don't have to tell you what happens then.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:49 am
Ray

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Restoration hardware
I thought they were excellent quality
Our relationship was in crises until we found the above store, I couldn't deal with the concept of having to live with some ghastly paisley effort from dillards or hechts
Comforters have 312-thread-count cotton sateen dobby-striped shells
Comforters are honeycombed with internal baffles to prevent the fill from shifting
Pillows have zip-off covers of 312-thread-count cotton sateen
Pillows are carefully quality controlled to ensure they are always exactly as soft or firm as you desire
Down Inserts are 95% feather and 5% down
quality is 95% down and 5% feather
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:50 am
Ray

We just go along with you guys while it suits us. When it doesn't , well I am sure I don't have to tell you what happens then.
Just do as your told ...and be grateful ....
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
ohhhhhhhh he is so masterful !!!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
In your dreams Ray, in your dreams.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:04 am
Ray

In your dreams Ray, in your dreams.
I just looked for a pic of you to mock ...none there ..get to that straight away please ...
add lolly to that as well ...
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
I just looked for a pic of you to mock ...none there ..get to that straight away please ...

Or I could just remain your fantasy......
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:08 am
Ray

Or I could just remain your fantasy......
My fantasies died in middle age ... now I'm happy to stay awake half a day before I need a nap ...
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolly
I got feather and down ones from Wal-Mart - they are lovely
Buy 2 flat sheets and sew them together- for the covers.
ooh your one of those clever types, I only just know how to sew on buttons.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:13 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
I have done a search on duvets and can't find the answer to this question:

What kind of comforter do you buy to put in a duvet cover? Over here, they call a dovet cover a "duvet" so how do you figure out what an actual English-style duvet is? Do I just buy a standard white comforter?

I'm not going back to England for a while so I need to buy a duvet that uses covers here. I am sick of washing my comforter.

Not that this is going to help you but I made sure that before we moved back out to the USA after being back in Britain for 3 years, I went to M&S and bought a duvet and a couple of covers. a few years ago it was impossible to find duvet covers over here. I was tired of trying to clean a comforter the same as you. I bought a nice quality down one so it was expensive but should last a long time. Everytime I go home now I keep an eye out for covers that I like. Buying covers in the states for a British duvet is a nightmare because of the size differences. I love Ikea but have never bought bedding there so not sure of the quality, as someone else said though, you get what you pay for. Hopefully you can find something that you like without too much aggrevation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.