Duvet

Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

JULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duvet

Mine is 77. I like it toasty, especially in Autumn and Winter.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
OMG ..75f is ours .. 78f would be quite acceptable
That's why our leccie bill is so high in summer...night time is the only time we use the air con.

In winter the heating is off upstairs at night and the windows are wide open...all 5 of them. Tough luck for my husband 'cos he sleeps by the windows and the bathroom is freezing when he gets up.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 28th 2007 at 10:31 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

explorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to all

I like my bedroom cold also. The colder the better as far as I'm concerned. I have an extra fan and a window AC unit in the bedroom to go along with the central air. I've managed to get my wife to accept the 67 degrees but she does complain about it.
The first time my wife came to the UK to visit me (before we got married) I lived in the far north of Scotland (Golspie to be precise) and it was late Jan early Feb and I insisted that the bedroom window was open at night It was so cold that the only part of the bed that was warm was where we were laying
Of course the place I was living in was very old so there was no central heating or double glazing and it was below freezing at night

Roy
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:43 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

In Texas we struggled to find any in the local shops of the small town we lived in.We got a nice one on eBay. It is all goose down, and has those boxes sewn in.
I also bought some white cotton duvet covers. The septic wife used to swear by her grotty comforter, not anymore.

I hate a warm bed, I am used to sleeping in a cold north of England bed (ice on the inside of the windows as a kid ). I have the AC running in the nedroom virtually all year round. The wife has an electric under-blanket - poor love. I like the goose down duvet as its not as heavy as a synthetic filled comforter. Ah well, its an excuse to get the wife to cuddle up to me at night

Originally Posted by JULIEROSE
Anyone found a good place to buy nice affordable duvets. The fall chill is fast approaching here and I'm on the lookout for some. I'm so done with this sheet, quilt, blanket, thing they do here.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pony
In Texas we struggled to find any in the local shops of the small town we lived in.We got a nice one on eBay. It is all goose down, and has those boxes sewn in.
I also bought some white cotton duvet covers. The septic wife used to swear by her grotty comforter, not anymore.

I hate a warm bed, I am used to sleeping in a cold north of England bed (ice on the inside of the windows as a kid ). I have the AC running in the nedroom virtually all year round. The wife has an electric under-blanket - poor love. I like the goose down duvet as its not as heavy as a synthetic filled comforter. Ah well, its an excuse to get the wife to cuddle up to me at night
Yes I prefer a goose down. I purchased several from different stores...in the end I kept the one from TJ Maxx...it cost about $100 for a king size.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone found a good place to buy nice affordable duvets. The fall chill is fast approaching here and I'm on the lookout for some. I'm so done with this sheet, quilt, blanket, thing they do here.
Fall chill, what's that then? Seriously here in TX we bought one the first year we were here and have probably used it 4 times. Only 2 seasons here, hot and hotter, and we are still in the late hotter part, shortly to be replaced by the best time of the year, which is just hot. Apparently the first cold front (brr, the temps will drop down to the high 70's) historically arrives in the 2nd week of Oct. I can't wait.

- Tim
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
(brr, the temps will drop down to the high 70's) historically arrives in the 2nd week of Oct. I can't wait.

- Tim
Yeah right don't hold your breath
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:54 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I went out to eat at my fav place tonight, and wore a small tank top. Nearly froze to death in there - it has gotten decidedly cooler down here the last week...
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:11 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pony
I hate a warm bed

i like a coldish bedroom but a nice warm bed so that means with living in Houston our a/c runs 24/7.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:14 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I went out to eat at my fav place tonight, and wore a small tank top. Nearly froze to death in there - it has gotten decidedly cooler down here the last week...
lucky you, we've just come in from eating some fajitas and 'ritas and it's still very warm...mid 90's still and hot hot hot
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I bought mine from Bed Bath and Beyond - duvets have actually been quite popular here for the last 10 years or so. Try Pottery Barn for beautiful duvet covers.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by KJ2007
I bought mine from Bed Bath and Beyond - duvets have actually been quite popular here for the last 10 years or so. Try Pottery Barn for beautiful duvet covers.
When we first moved here 11 yrs ago the only place I could find duvets was Ikea.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When we first moved here 11 yrs ago the only place I could find duvets was Ikea.
Yep - but over the years they have become more and more popular, don't you think?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Yep - but over the years they have become more and more popular, don't you think?
Certainly...you can even buy duvets covers now. Not a great selection of covers but it's improving.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Certainly...you can even buy duvets covers now. Not a great selection of covers but it's improving.
The cover selection used to be white, or white. I love the covers at Pottery Barn - if you haven't seen them check them out. I've picked up several on sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.