British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Durham expat community? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/durham-expat-community-460281/)

novita77 Jun 21st 2007 8:38 pm

Durham expat community?

What is like the expat community in the UK (especially Durham)? Thinking of moving back to the UK, but i never live there in my life (only goes there for holiday). I am dreading uprooting my 6 yrs life from the middle east. Any advice anyone?

Does the ppl there do coffee morning, playdate, meets up?

What is the nearest BE meet up from Durham?

I am dreading have to start all over again looking for friend. :ohmy:

Thanks !

geordie mandy Jun 21st 2007 9:03 pm

Re: Durham expat community?

Originally Posted by novita77 (Post 4949332)
What is like the expat community in the UK (especially Durham)? Thinking of moving back to the UK, but i never live there in my life (only goes there for holiday). I am dreading uprooting my 6 yrs life from the middle east. Any advice anyone?

Thanks !

Im from Durham but not for long, Durham is a lovely place to live depending on where abouts you want to live. If you want i can get you some info on Sure start as they host a whole load of different stuff for mums and tots etc.
Some people do coffee and joining a gym is a great way to meet friends.
Pm if you want specific info and i will try help as much as possible.
Mandy

Norm71 Jun 21st 2007 9:40 pm

I will be back in the Durham area after the 1 August. Another north east lass moved back up north last week I think and I have alread hit on her for a couple of get togethers. I will let you know where I will be once we get there with a number so you can get ahold of me once you get home. I guess, although we will be more than pleased to get home we could have a good old chin wag over a good cup of tea of the stronger stuff if you ain't driving. Open invite actually for any ex-pats that are going to be in the North as my family are all over the place.

Heart of gold Jun 22nd 2007 8:12 am

Originally Posted by novita77 (Post 4949332)

Thanks !

Novi, I think your going to be fine. There are always a few teething problems with settling and sorting stuff out but on the whole I do really think that you will do great!

M x

novita77 Jun 23rd 2007 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Norm71 (Post 4949477)
I will be back in the Durham area after the 1 August. Another north east lass moved back up north last week I think and I have alread hit on her for a couple of get togethers. I will let you know where I will be once we get there with a number so you can get ahold of me once you get home. I guess, although we will be more than pleased to get home we could have a good old chin wag over a good cup of tea of the stronger stuff if you ain't driving. Open invite actually for any ex-pats that are going to be in the North as my family are all over the place.

I will defenitely PM you when we are defenite with what we are doing. Thanks alot for your kindness :)

novita77 Jun 23rd 2007 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by geordie mandy (Post 4949376)
Im from Durham but not for long, Durham is a lovely place to live depending on where abouts you want to live. If you want i can get you some info on Sure start as they host a whole load of different stuff for mums and tots etc.
Some people do coffee and joining a gym is a great way to meet friends.
Pm if you want specific info and i will try help as much as possible.
Mandy

Mandy ... thank you for the offer. Will defenitely PM ing you when we defenite with what we are doing.

-novita-