dui worry

Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:56 am
Just Joined

robkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dui worry

I have been offered a job and h1b sponsorship. Unfortunately, also have a dui (1st offence) in the USA. Does anyone have any experience of how this is viewed on visa application?
Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Earle Mosley is an unknown quantity at this point

We have enough drunks driving cars here without importing them.

You will not be allowed entry into the US based on your dui conviction (post 9/11).

Regards,

Earle Mosley.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:37 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

He's probably right. You wont receive much sympathy from the INS...and frankly nor should you.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by jambo_2004
He's probably right. You wont receive much sympathy from the INS...and frankly nor should you.
For you and Earle

Thank you for taking time to respond - however it is advice I was looking for, not someone's moral judgement. I'm not happy to be in this situation, but has your past been perfect?
Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Earle Mosley
We have enough drunks driving cars here without importing them.
You will not be allowed entry into the US based on your dui conviction (post 9/11).
Regards,Earle Mosley.
Ah!! the racist pig Earle Mosley returns after a long absence.. presumably named after his hero Oswald Ernald Mosley the well known Fascist of yesteryear...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...799#post625799
His past post are worth a laugh so is a run on his name thru Google..and definitely ignore any advice he gives..
Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Ah!! the racist pig Earle Mosley returns after a long absence.. presumably named after his hero Oswald Ernald Mosley the well known Fascist of yesteryear...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...799#post625799
His past post are worth a laugh so is a run on his name thru Google..and definitely ignore any advice he gives..
I'm glad you said this. I saw his recent contributions, and I use the term loosely, and was beginning to think that I was the only one who found him both objectionable and stupid. You're right, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a brown shirt.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Like I said before, we have enough drunk drivers causing all kinds of damage here in the USA. We do not need anymore, you will be turned back at POE, depending on which state you choose to enter.

Regards,

Earle Mosley.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:08 pm
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Here's some stuff that might be of use:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...d.php?t=114062

http://www.prairielaw.com/messageboa...499924&mbId=20

http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/O...82&m=356103011

It seems that it may depend in which state you got your dui, but I only took a quick glance and am not a lawyer. Google "dui" and "h1b" for more results.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Just telling it the way it is

Regards,

Earle Mosley
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:12 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

He's pretty funny, old Earle Mosley. Seems to have a thing against H1B visa holders - in fact, he only seems to post on threads where "h1b" is mentioned, and all he ever tells us is to "go home".

He's also indicated that he emigrated from the UK in 1984, yet feels that he somehow has more right to a job than H1B holders like myself.

Earle, you're a very sad little man, and if anyone should "go home" it seems to me it should be you. H1Bs serve a purpose in this country, and no amount of whingeing over us "taking our jobs away" will get around the fact that these visas are granted to people who have skills that are not available in the US.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by monster
Here's some stuff that might be of use:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...d.php?t=114062

http://www.prairielaw.com/messageboa...499924&mbId=20

http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/O...82&m=356103011

It seems that it may depend in which state you got your dui, but I only took a quick glance and am not a lawyer. Google "dui" and "h1b" for more results.
Monster

Thank you for that useful info. I'm not proud of the fact I have had to deal with it, but I'm not looking for excuses.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:56 am
Just Joined

H1B holders have the same skills as US workers, all they are is a cheaper worker. Do not think that you have any better skills, you are just a cheaper worker.

Regards,

Earle Mosley.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:12 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Earle Mosley
H1B holders have the same skills as US workers, all they are is a cheaper worker. Do not think that you have any better skills, you are just a cheaper worker.

Regards,

Earle Mosley.
Now you see you're just wrong about that. Not only is there nobody in the US who has the qualifications and experience to do the job I'm doing (in fact there are only a handful of us in the world), but I'm paid more than my US colleagues of similar seniority.

You see you really just don't get the whole H1B thing, do you?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:13 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it's relevant to H1b people, but I do know someone who got their green card after a DUI. The DUI has to be declared of course, because they'll get you with the fingerprints anyway, and you submit certified copies of the court judgement and proof that you did whatever they asked you to do ("alcohol education" etc.) This person's lawyer informed him that a DUI is not considered a crime of "moral turpitude" , such as theft or fraud, and is therefore not a major issue with BCIS.