Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Duggars Are At It Again

The Duggars Are At It Again

Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:01 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Duggars Are At It Again

Originally Posted by willmore
Exactly, and the reason that so many canadians are so hungry for british humour, even willing to watch 20 year old programs.
And yet there are so many Brits who complain about the licence fee. "Let the market decide" they cry.

Let them experience American TV for a few months I say...

(Disclaimer: I am *not* saying that there are no decent programmes in the US, or that the BBC is perfect - far from it - but overall, the quality of BBC programmes is way better. And since the commercial channels in the UK have to compete with the BBC, even they are generally not quite as awful as some of the stuff on offer here.)

The other day I found myself watch something called "The Real Housewives of Atlanta". 2 minutes was enough for me.......... but WTF
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CelticRover
..........or subscribe to BE, god forbid.
Tis true.....

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Not just Canadians. I've been watching Van der Valk, this past week - and it was made in 1973!

The brits do make wonderful programs, I have to say.....
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Elvira
And yet there are so many Brits who complain about the licence fee. "Let the market decide" they cry.

Let them experience American TV for a few months I say...

(Disclaimer: I am n*not* saying that there are no decent programmes in the US, or that the BBC is perfect - far from it - but overall, the quality of BBC programmes is way better. And since the commercial channels in the UK have to compete with the BBC, even they are not quite as awful as some of the stuff on offer here.)

The other day I found myself watch something called "The Real Housewives of Atlanta". 2 minutes was enough for me.......... but WTF
Unfortunately, even in canada, it seems the majority of people want to watch that garbage. I personally couldnt tell you the name of the program or what it was about.....

Well Ill tell you something. We subscribe to the PBS stations in seattle and detroit which broadcast all the brit comedies. Expensive to be a member, but we think for the amount of TV we watch, it is well worth it. Great for a good laugh.....
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Elvira
I disagree. I think they are harming their kids - what they are doing by having their whole lives on TV all the time is sheer exploitation.

I never watch the programme, but I imagine they are also indoctrinating them with all kinds of pseudo-religious, non-scientific nonsense.
Jon and kate are another program doing the same thing. Ive never watched it, but have a friend who watches it for a laugh......
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
.I think reality shows starring children should be stopped.
Absolutely!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Uh oh, I think us haters crashed the Dugger-love thread...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
They are the reason civilization is declining.
That's the good news. The bad news Leslie, is that you are going to have to have 20 kids to cancel out the negative effect of her kids. hehehe

Even my gyno made comments about stupid people seem to be having all the kids, while those with more intelligence are opting for far fewer kids or not having them at all...we are soon to be outnumbered.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Uh oh, I think us haters crashed the Dugger-love thread...
Does 'UH oh' have any official MOD ramifications?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CelticRover
Does 'UH oh' have any official MOD ramifications?
hmmm
Attached Thumbnails The Duggars Are At It Again-uhohbaby.gif  
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm
Hmmmm?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:55 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
That's the good news. The bad news Leslie, is that you are going to have to have 20 kids to cancel out the negative effect of her kids. hehehe

Even my gyno made comments about stupid people seem to be having all the kids, while those with more intelligence are opting for far fewer kids or not having them at all...we are soon to be outnumbered.
Makes you wonder who the smart ones really are, doesn't it?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13

I've got 5 kids, so I guess that must mean I'm unintelligent
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:05 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't they have adopted some of the thousands of children in care since they love kids so much, can afford them and are religious and therefore supposed to be caring and giving. Of course no social services department would have let them have that many.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:38 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

'one of the guys from Deadliest Catch!'
Oh - which one? Is it Keith from the 'Wizard' or Sig from the 'Northwestern'?
Love that show, me.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:18 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
I've got 5 kids, so I guess that must mean I'm unintelligent
<crickets chirp>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.