Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dude... where's my car?

Dude... where's my car?

Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:45 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Cool Dude... where's my car?

I am soooo glad that we're over the worst part of winter, but we could still get snow in March.

Has anyone else ever walked up to someone and said "Hi" because they're a Brit and do you wave to cars that have GB stickers on them?
Attached Thumbnails Dude... where's my car?-car.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I've done that a few times.
even knocked on someones door cos they were flying the union jack instead of the stars and stripes.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:51 pm

Oooooh that gives me an idea! (but I'm half thinking it might not be a good idea) -- Fiona has just moved near me and there's a house we pass that has a Union Jack on it.

I'm going to leave a link to this site for them in their mailbox or something.

Ya never know! -- And that way if they're a weirdo I can say it was one of you lot!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I've only ever come across one other person from the UK, where I live, and she's been here since just after the war.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:53 pm

Originally posted by manc1976
Yes I've done that a few times.
even knocked on someones door cos they were flying the union jack instead of the stars and stripes.
What did they say?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:55 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I met someone called Ed because I saw them pulling into their drive with UJ license plate on the front and strangly she is from Blackpool. I go over on sundays and watch the football, unfortunatly although she is sandgrown she supports man city. Well you can't have everything (where would you put it)

My vehicle
Attached Thumbnails Dude... where's my car?-dsc00312.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:59 pm

I have that flag too Patrick... but when I put it up at a party we had not one person knew what it was!

Even Todd didn't know?!?!?!?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:02 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I have that flag too Patrick... but when I put it up at a party we had not one person knew what it was!

Even Todd didn't know?!?!?!?
if you look closely on the wall in the garage (just where the wing mirror is) you can see the cross of st george on the wall aswell

Patrick
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen two or three cars with the UJ on the front. But they have always been moving, so it would have been a bit dangerous to tap on the window. The Brits I have met since arriving have mainly been noticed due to the three lions motifs on their persons.

I do have a UJ flying proudly on our gate.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:03 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies about the dirt on the car an all, just took the pic 2 mins ago.

This is my license plate.
Attached Thumbnails Dude... where's my car?-pqvbky1y.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Supergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a great pic BrigieDarling.

That plate looks just like mine
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies about the dirt on the car an all, just took the pic 2 mins ago.

This is my license plate.
I didnt know the Golden Gate bridge was in Michigan?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:07 pm
@matthewb76

We michiganders speeeet on the golden gate bridge.
Mackinac Bridge.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:09 pm
@matthewb76

nice house too Patrick
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:13 pm
Pagan Sex God

nice house too Patrick
We have a couple of spare rooms, anytime you want to come to the beach your quite welcome, and those goes to everyone (with possibly one exception - and he knows who she is)

Patrick
Attached Thumbnails Dude... where's my car?-dsc00283.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.