Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dual UKC/USC Looking to move to FT Lauderdale FL

Dual UKC/USC Looking to move to FT Lauderdale FL

Old May 30th 2016, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual UKC/USC Looking to move to FT Lauderdale FL

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Most of us cannot give advice on Florida but we can give general advice on moving, as we have all done that!

She may be young and single but she also hasn't offered too much information. Her needs for housing , money to start a "new life", buying a vehicle to get to and from work are all factors in her move and just suggesting someone can get a job at Publix really isn't giving the whole picture when you are discussing a major move.
You are confusing me with another poster whose husband works for Publix. How is the Trike road trip going?
Old May 30th 2016, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
You are confusing me with another poster whose husband works for Publix. How is the Trike road trip going?
The Trike trip was amazing. Riding River Road between Terlingua and Presidio was crazy!! It is between the mountains and the Rio Grande in west Texas. The inclines, descents and curves were quite an experience .
Old May 30th 2016, 2:57 pm
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
On this site when the subject of Florida comes up the experts who have never lived there hate it and most of the expats who actually live there like it. Who are we to believe?
I lived there for 2 years and hate the place meaning the southern 2 counties. The Tubmans are all the difference, there are some very nice areas north of ft lauderdale and east side of Miami but you gotta have the Tubmans.
Old May 30th 2016, 3:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katzgar
..... The Tubmans are all the difference, ..... you gotta have the Tubmans.
Seriously?
Old May 30th 2016, 3:07 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

What's a Tubman?
Old May 30th 2016, 3:25 pm
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

money http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...ackson/479178/

Last edited by katzgar; May 30th 2016 at 3:28 pm.
Old May 30th 2016, 9:46 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, this I knew.
Old May 31st 2016, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

indigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond repute

I have lived in a number of states...presently living in Florida. I have to say....Florida I have found the easiest to make friends in. It's a rather transient state...People move and leave here all the time. It's rare to meet a 'real Floridian' i.e. Someone who is born and raised here. Most of the people I come into contact with have all moved here from somewhere else. I think that breeds a friendly atmosphere. People are open to new people. That's just my opinion. when I moved here 5 years ago I didn't know anyone. I joined a bunch of groups on meetup.com and some on Facebook. Down the line I met people through work and my husbands work. We are in the Tampa Bay Area. I think the job market here is pretty decent...I don't know about ft lauderdale but you should be able to pick something up in retail or in the airport. Like the other posters say..it may not pay well so I would look at cost of living in the area you want. Florida is fun state with friendly people from all over the country and the world as residents and has an awesome climate....the bugs are horrible though ;-)

Good luck.