Dual Nationality

Dual Nationality

Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

kingemissary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dual Nationality

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Some truth, some crap.

Why do you want to live here if it's so "selfish"? I refuse to defend this country to somebody who has never lived here but is already complaining about it.

Who cares? Don't move here. There are a lot of countries I wouldn't like to move to. Do you think I sit around bitching about them? Grow up.
I didn't complain at all. That's what I'm told. I should give you another address of forums where huge amounts of americans say a lot of things and create threads about the US and is quite popular. The thing is, it's a star trek site too and I wonder why do trekkies debate on such stuff. If you want the addy, I'll give it to you. There was a brit that tried to create something about british culture and what they hated and that didn't get much posts in it.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:45 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingemissary
I didn't complain at all. That's what I'm told. I should give you another address of forums where huge amounts of americans say a lot of things and create threads about the US and is quite popular. The thing is, it's a star trek site too and I wonder why do trekkies debate on such stuff. If you want the addy, I'll give it to you. There was a brit that tried to create something about british culture and what they hated and that didn't get much posts in it.

well it wasn't the Moving back to the UK forum then

you a trekkie?
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
well it wasn't the Moving back to the UK forum then

you a trekkie?
Na it wasn't, it is simply a debate forum and it had all sorts of subjects in them, president Bush and Kerry, gun law, should the UN take over, loads of subjects.

naa just a scifi fan. You're not going to see me dressed in a klingon uniform with all that get up. It's nice to play but don't take it too far.....lol
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I have given you the info required go study it...
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
I have given you the info required go study it...
Cheers, thank you very much.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:03 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, thank you very much.
I don't get it.

You've slammed the place as selfish (which it is.....)
yet you want to be a citizen?
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:23 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kingemissary]

In the UK, we have the NHS meaning that if you need a life saving operation, you wouldn't need to fear about a large bill at the end. That is because the government levies a tax on everyone where the US rich doesn't like it at all and therefore never gets through the lawmakers. I think that is the same in other countries too, I'll need to check that, I am hearing stories of other countries that have this system.
QUOTE]

actually there is a very similar tax over here to national insurance - its called medicare, but you can only take advantage of the 'healthcare' it provides if you are on a very low income

the healthcare system overhere is complete bullshit so if you have any history of medical issues i woud stay away unless you want to live like a pauper
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:28 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm told by your fellow americans that in California, if they don't like what car you drive, shirt you wear then you get shot.
Not quite true...during my time as tail-gunner for the local bread delivery truck, I've never once seen any shootings other than my own.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:35 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
The immigration process for El Paso is completely different than the rest of the USA. In fact El Paso is the left armpit of the world (with Houston being the right)

Thats a rather harsh comparison.....

Most armpits I've come across are considerably more appealing than Houston...
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Thats a rather harsh comparison.....

Most armpits I've come across are considerably more appealing than Houston...

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to any armpits I have offended.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:02 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Ummm TROLL TROLL TROLL!!!!

How the **** do these bloody trolls turn up and still get 4 pages of replies?
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncs
Ummm TROLL TROLL TROLL!!!!
How the **** do these bloody trolls turn up and still get 4 pages of replies?
I blame leslie66
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:26 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I blame leslie66

I would blame Ray6 but apparently his 6 fell off.....
Old Aug 25th 2004, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=BritGuyTN]

In the UK, we have the NHS meaning that if you need a life saving operation, you wouldn't need to fear about a large bill at the end. That is because the government levies a tax on everyone where the US rich doesn't like it at all and therefore never gets through the lawmakers. I think that is the same in other countries too, I'll need to check that, I am hearing stories of other countries that have this system.
QUOTE]

actually there is a very similar tax over here to national insurance - its called medicare, but you can only take advantage of the 'healthcare' it provides if you are on a very low income

the healthcare system overhere is complete bullshit so if you have any history of medical issues i woud stay away unless you want to live like a pauper
Yes I know of this medicare, I know a woman that works into medical reasearch for texas and she said that there were a lot of rich people that would rather stay rich and not have to pay for the paupers welfare......or words to that affect anyway. Now I wouldn't know about that because I don't know how your government works.

I think medicare is a good step and the government are starting to care about it's citizens. Manc, as much as I was nasty about selfishness but the thing is I am tired of seeing selfishness everywhere I go. I used to work as a domestic applicance engineer and the company was going down the drain and we all knew about it. The thing is my boss wanted me to work all the way up till xmas eve. I said to myself, talk about wanting money, now me being not such a money orientated person to see a selfish money driven boss makes me want to beat him up and kick him to death. This boss of mine then did some work for the cadet corps which is a registered charity; this is what the guy did later, he tried to make money out of the charity. So that is someone that is selfish in the UK. I went to cyprus and this is a place where the army has two areas and some retained sites. A few soldiers went outside the soveriegn based areas to a local pub and had a nice drink. They were very nice and didn't get too drunk; they never made any noise or caused any trouble. The bartender knew they were soldiers and he knew they were outside the sovereign based area so when he got enough money out of them in drinks. He called the police. Both NCOs were demoted.

The reason I want to live in the US is quite simple....you can get anything in Walmart. El Paso is a nice peaceful place with good weather and interesting bad weather (thunderstorms where the flashes must be a kilometre above the ground.) The people in it aren't bad but are nice, I have nothing to say against them except for the solicitor companies that want to phone the house phone everyday asking if we need a lawyer. But like most things when you go to a country, you take the good with the bad. You come to the UK and if you wanted to live in Manchester, you have to keep everything locked up before some numpty Mankunian decides to either steal your car, radio, or even tyres. If it is loose and hanging, they would steal it. In London, in particular outer london, we have the drugs and usual crime, a degree of people that think they can do what they like really. But all the same, it is fine there. Trinidad, don't go to the capital because you would be there 5 minutes before someone places a cutless across your throat wanting all your money and will probably kill you afterwards. Now if you think I'm having a go at the US, you're way mistaken. The Germans are plain ignorant, if you don't speak German and they speak english. They wont go out of their way to speak english to help you out even though they are fluent. I asked for a phone line to be put in my room here in Germany and after being put through to their english operator, even she wouldn't speak english. You'd think that T-Mobile would want the money but no, if you speak their language first then they will deal with you. Germany is 16% unemployed.

I do apologise for if it seemed slander but look around a little and you see that there is always someone being selfish somewhere and I come to the conclusion that if people worked together then you'd get lots more done rather than going it alone.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 5:39 pm
@matthewb76

Yes I know of this medicare, I know a woman that works into medical reasearch for texas and she said that there were a lot of rich people that would rather stay rich and not have to pay for the paupers welfare......or words to that affect anyway. Now I wouldn't know about that because I don't know how your government works.

I think medicare is a good step and the government are starting to care about it's citizens. Manc, as much as I was nasty about selfishness but the thing is I am tired of seeing selfishness everywhere I go. I used to work as a domestic applicance engineer and the company was going down the drain and we all knew about it. The thing is my boss wanted me to work all the way up till xmas eve. I said to myself, talk about wanting money, now me being not such a money orientated person to see a selfish money driven boss makes me want to beat him up and kick him to death. This boss of mine then did some work for the cadet corps which is a registered charity; this is what the guy did later, he tried to make money out of the charity. So that is someone that is selfish in the UK. I went to cyprus and this is a place where the army has two areas and some retained sites. A few soldiers went outside the soveriegn based areas to a local pub and had a nice drink. They were very nice and didn't get too drunk; they never made any noise or caused any trouble. The bartender knew they were soldiers and he knew they were outside the sovereign based area so when he got enough money out of them in drinks. He called the police. Both NCOs were demoted.

The reason I want to live in the US is quite simple....you can get anything in Walmart. El Paso is a nice peaceful place with good weather and interesting bad weather (thunderstorms where the flashes must be a kilometre above the ground.) The people in it aren't bad but are nice, I have nothing to say against them except for the solicitor companies that want to phone the house phone everyday asking if we need a lawyer. But like most things when you go to a country, you take the good with the bad. You come to the UK and if you wanted to live in Manchester, you have to keep everything locked up before some numpty Mankunian decides to either steal your car, radio, or even tyres. If it is loose and hanging, they would steal it. In London, in particular outer london, we have the drugs and usual crime, a degree of people that think they can do what they like really. But all the same, it is fine there. Trinidad, don't go to the capital because you would be there 5 minutes before someone places a cutless across your throat wanting all your money and will probably kill you afterwards. Now if you think I'm having a go at the US, you're way mistaken. The Germans are plain ignorant, if you don't speak German and they speak english. They wont go out of their way to speak english to help you out even though they are fluent. I asked for a phone line to be put in my room here in Germany and after being put through to their english operator, even she wouldn't speak english. You'd think that T-Mobile would want the money but no, if you speak their language first then they will deal with you. Germany is 16% unemployed.

I do apologise for if it seemed slander but look around a little and you see that there is always someone being selfish somewhere and I come to the conclusion that if people worked together then you'd get lots more done rather than going it alone.
Well I agree in part to what you say.
But I work Chrimbo eve and boxing day too.

c'est la vie.
numpty Mankunian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.