Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dual Nationality

Dual Nationality

Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:00 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual Nationality

Originally Posted by kingemissary
I'll bring deoderant with me.
naaaah don't want you standing out from the crowd.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:04 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
naaaah don't want you standing out from the crowd.
Flaunting his wealth -n- stuff......
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

kingemissary is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's get this wealth thing out of the way. You lot that live in New York are the biggest money grabbers around and think they own the place. The same with the japanese and chinese. As for the rest of us....naaaaaa. I either see a McDonalds another american make in the UK or I see another Chinese shop or something else made in Taiwan or China. I haven't seen a nice little UK logo saying Made in england for a long long while now.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen a nice little UK logo saying Made in england for a long long while now.
Thats cos you Brits are too lazy to make anything... About a 35 hr week is near normal there.. if you ever get here ..you are in for a big shock.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:15 pm
@matthewb76

Let's get this wealth thing out of the way. You lot that live in New York are the biggest money grabbers around and think they own the place. The same with the japanese and chinese. As for the rest of us....naaaaaa. I either see a McDonalds another american make in the UK or I see another Chinese shop or something else made in Taiwan or China. I haven't seen a nice little UK logo saying Made in england for a long long while now.
buy a pair of Reeboks.

jesus pal, we were only having the crack.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

buy a pair of Reeboks.

jesus pal, we were only having the crack.
35 hours a week.....I've done 43 before now. And now, I'm paid 24 hours a day. I know you're having a laugh too. I'm just tired of the selfish society everyone in the world lives in.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:20 pm
@matthewb76

I'm just tired of the selfish society everyone in the world lives in.
you ever been to the USA?
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

you ever been to the USA?
Actually yes; just a few more selfish people about. But depending on where you go depends on the severity of selfishness and care.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

What the shit are you talking about now?
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ok ..I will help a poor old soldier..get the girlfriend busy

1. The US Citizen files the I-129F petition for the foreign fiance(e). Approval is required before the fiance(e) may apply for the K1 visa. The petition phase is very straightforward. Approval timelines vary through the Service Centers, anywhere from one to eight months. Go here to see current times.
2. After the I-129F has been approved, the fiance(e) has 4 months from the time the I-129F was approved to obtain the K1 Visa at the US Consulate in the foreign country. This time period can be extended by a consular officer if required. The visa application process is generally similar in all countries, Although each Consulate will vary a bit in their requirements. Every K1 applicant will have a unique story to tell about how they got their visa.
3. Once you have the K1 Visa it is good for one entry into the United States within 6 months of the issue date.
4. Once in the United States, you have 90 days to get married
5. Immediately after marriage, you must apply for an Adjustment of Status, Form I-485, to become a permanent resident. You will also apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and "advance parole" in case you want to travel outside the United States and re-enter before getting your green card.

Then

6. You may wait a year or more to be interviewed for "Conditional" Permanent Resident status (green card).
7. After two more years, you apply to have the "Conditional" status removed.
8. Further on down the road, you can apply to become an American citizen (naturalization).
@matthewb76

Actually yes; just a few more selfish people about. But depending on where you go depends on the severity of selfishness and care.
it's the way it is over here period.
dog eat dog world over here, no 2 ways about it. If you ain't selfish, you go without.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

it's the way it is over here period.
dog eat dog world over here, no 2 ways about it. If you ain't selfish, you go without.
Well Leslie66, I'm told by your fellow americans that in California, if they don't like what car you drive, shirt you wear then you get shot. I've been also given the opinion that they live in a rich get richer and poor get poorer society which I think is the same in any country really. All those big businessmen caring about money and don't bother about us poor souls. That is the selfishness I'm on about.

In the UK, we have the NHS meaning that if you need a life saving operation, you wouldn't need to fear about a large bill at the end. That is because the government levies a tax on everyone where the US rich doesn't like it at all and therefore never gets through the lawmakers. I think that is the same in other countries too, I'll need to check that, I am hearing stories of other countries that have this system.

I spose we have to take the good with the bad but I hope in 100 years, the world would change.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:39 pm
WTF?

Some truth, some crap.

Why do you want to live here if it's so "selfish"? I refuse to defend this country to somebody who has never lived here but is already complaining about it.

Who cares? Don't move here. There are a lot of countries I wouldn't like to move to. Do you think I sit around bitching about them? Grow up.

Well Leslie66, I'm told by your fellow americans that in California, if they don't like what car you drive, shirt you wear then you get shot. I've been also given the opinion that they live in a rich get richer and poor get poorer society which I think is the same in any country really. All those big businessmen caring about money and don't bother about us poor souls. That is the selfishness I'm on about.

In the UK, we have the NHS meaning that if you need a life saving operation, you wouldn't need to fear about a large bill at the end. That is because the government levies a tax on everyone where the US rich doesn't like it at all and therefore never gets through the lawmakers. I think that is the same in other countries too, I'll need to check that, I am hearing stories of other countries that have this system.

I spose we have to take the good with the bad but I hope in 100 years, the world would change.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:43 pm
@matthewb76

There are a lot of countries I wouldn't like to move to. Do you think I sit around bitching about them? Grow up.
I do.

Madagascar's a shithole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.