Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Drug firms 'inventing diseases'

Drug firms 'inventing diseases'

Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:19 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drug firms 'inventing diseases'

Whenever I go to the doctors they cannot believe that I do not take any medications at all. I refuse to fall into the "American way" of taking drugs for every single ailment that you get. I'd rather fight it off myself as the old saying goes "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4898488.stm
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:20 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drug firms 'inventing diseases'

Originally Posted by vegas
Whenever I go to the doctors they cannot believe that I do not take any medications at all. I refuse to fall into the "American way" of taking drugs for every single ailment that you get. I'd rather fight it off myself as the old saying goes "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

I thought Americans did that.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:22 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drug firms 'inventing diseases'

Originally Posted by vegas

I've had the same experience. I had an annual medical and had no problems but I could see my doctor itching to find something he could prescribe for. So many people seem to take maintenance medication that they apparently need to take forever. Dont start me on drug ads.....by the time they list the contraindications and side affects I'm ready to cry laughing, especially when they tell you in a subtle way its possible it could kill you.