Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving in the USA - I'm confused so please help!

Driving in the USA - I'm confused so please help!

Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Driving in the USA - I'm confused so please help!

Originally Posted by Michelmas
That was really my point. You need a licence to support an IDP which is no good by itself, and in my experience, the US wouldn't care about the IDP.
I think that depends on where you are and who you talk to.

I'm on my wife's car insurance (Geico) so I can drive her car while I'm visiting, and they were happy to add me on provided I had an IDP.

At least one car rental place in Vegas would not allow me to rent a car there unless I produced my IDP either, but that was a local branch of one of the big ones and not an airport location - I've never needed to produce the IDP at the latter.