Driving USA

Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:37 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving USA

well I just got back from the Indiana BMV and i now proudly have my license
Easy Peasy to get, have to say much easier to get a license here than back home. Now i can just drive how i want when i want, gotta love american way of living
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving USA

Originally Posted by ladygwennie
Easy Peasy to get, have to say much easier to get a license here than back home. Now i can just drive how i want when i want, gotta love american way of living
congrats

did they make you do any maneuvers or was it just driving about looking out for stop signs?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:45 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
congrats

did they make you do any maneuvers or was it just driving about looking out for stop signs?
Didn't even have to do the drive test with the BMV (did it with my driving instructor) didnt even know i was taking my drive test
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't even have to do the drive test with the BMV (did it with my driving instructor) didnt even know i was taking my drive test
I'm lost with that hehe. What process did you go through to do that? Did you get a permit > take the test or were you transfering yer licence?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:53 pm
Renegade who has it made

I'm lost with that hehe. What process did you go through to do that? Did you get a permit > take the test or were you transfering yer licence?
Got a permit, then had to hold it for at least 60 days (didnt have my license in london anyway, but even if u have an international license, in indy you have to start from beginning). I took a drivers education program (with one on one drives) which enabled me to have a "drive test waiver" which means you can be eligible to take ur test with the driving school instead of the BMV.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:12 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

How long was your test? i.e. how long were you driving on a road?

NC Penguin
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:23 am
Renegade who has it made

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
How long was your test? i.e. how long were you driving on a road?

NC Penguin
Hmmm 30 mins id guess at (i didnt know i was taking it, so not sure when officially it began) 30 mins of driving and then a paralell park.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

I couldn't believe the NJ driving test my daughter took....what a joke.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:59 am
Renegade who has it made

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Congratulations

I couldn't believe the NJ driving test my daughter took....what a joke.
Thanks darlin, Yeah i was shocked at just how easy it is to get a license
Old Aug 16th 2006, 2:13 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm 30 mins id guess at (i didnt know i was taking it, so not sure when officially it began) 30 mins of driving and then a paralell park.
Ah. Sounds as if you were given a real driving test. Mine (in NC) was less than 10 mins long and I was gutted that I was not asked to parallel park. In fact, on hindsight, due to the location of the test, there's nowhere for at least a couple of miles where I could've parallel parked anyway...

NC Penguin
Old Aug 16th 2006, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Ah. Sounds as if you were given a real driving test. Mine (in NC) was less than 10 mins long and I was gutted that I was not asked to parallel park. In fact, on hindsight, due to the location of the test, there's nowhere for at least a couple of miles where I could've parallel parked anyway...
Same with NY i've been told 10 mins - hopefully I shant screw up in that time!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 2:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

10 minutes....bloody hell that's a long time!! My daughter had to parallel park between 2 cones that were about 100 yds apart in an empty car park.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 2:30 am
Renegade who has it made

NC Penguin

I had 30 mins of driving, may have only been 10 mins that had been tested *shrug* helps to make friends with instructors LOL. The driving school have it set up to do paralells, which helps with practice

Good luck andy!!!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

I had 30 mins of driving, may have only been 10 mins that had been tested *shrug* helps to make friends with instructors LOL. The driving school have it set up to do paralells, which helps with practice

Good luck andy!!!
Thanks! Hoepfully be alright - another thing I want over and done with so I can stop feeling like an 18 year old (credit, driving etc)
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:02 am
Renegade who has it made

Thanks! Hoepfully be alright - another thing I want over and done with so I can stop feeling like an 18 year old (credit, driving etc)
I understand that, building my credit now too! My husband is from Long Island and was telling me about the dreaded NY DMV lol, so im hoping it isnt too bad for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.