Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving in the US...grey area!

Driving in the US...grey area!

Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Driving in the US...grey area!

the dmv would only give me a license till my visa ran out and i don't have my ead yet so they won't give me another one...i'm driving still but probably not meant to be. that's in Virginia, hopefully yours will be different.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Just a welcoming committee basicaly, I spend a lot of my free time on here anyway. The Mods are getting pretty busy keeping an eye on us lot and there are a lot of new members joining every day they can't be everywhere.

Not sure about the stickers, I was given a mop and brush, not sure what i'm s'posed to do with those
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

erm yeah! What you trying to say young man!
Sorry.... Couldn't resist!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
the dmv would only give me a license till my visa ran out and i don't have my ead yet so they won't give me another one...i'm driving still but probably not meant to be. that's in Virginia, hopefully yours will be different.
Might want to check your insurance policy then
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

Having recently landed in the US, I have found Geico to be superb. I have a US drivers license but the wife has a UK one as it hard in VA for her to get a US license without an EAD due to lack of 'accepted' documentation

Geico were great and stated that they would insure her for up to 6 months on a UK license as long as we kept them informed re. progress in getting a US license.

As an added bonus, after a bit of negotiation I got them to accept our UK driving history as counting towards US driving history and was able to insure 2 cars for my wife and me for less than $100 per month.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by traceym
Might want to check your insurance policy then
I'll just drive extra safe
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_I
Sorry.... Couldn't resist!
s'ok...I forgive you
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
I'll just drive extra safe
That's a great 'goal', but it's the other drivers that scare me!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

but it's the other drivers that scare me!
Amen to that! We drove into Seattle yesterday and nearly got into an accident with a moron who needed to get in front of me and someone else.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Amen to that! We drove into Seattle yesterday and nearly got into an accident with a moron who needed to get in front of me and someone else.
Hubby calls them 'VIP's' they think they are more important than the rest of us!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hubby calls them 'VIP's' they think they are more important than the rest of us!
Well I always wonder where the fire is?