Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving Test!

Driving Test!

Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:28 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving Test!

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Congrats Liz luvey, did you take it on Bell? Nice to know you're all legal. Congrats Toontje...there's cement truck jobs out here in AZ, my son was offered one a few weeks back, thirty bucks an hour, I didn't think that wass too shoddy. Good luck in your search for a better deal.
Cheers Chris! Yeah, I took it at the one next to the Sheriff's Office, just in case they wanted to interrogate me, but alas, no such luck & Sheriff Joe didn't even come out to congratulate me!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:36 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Did they make you parallel park? I took mine in Mesa, as they don't test you for it there. Just reverse into some cones and a 10 minute drive around the block.

So I guess I should steer clear of El Mirage for a few months.
Yeah, we did the pull into the space on the left with the cones around, reverse into the space with the cones around & then pull forward into another space. He called it a 3 point turn, but he seemed to want more than that, as he asked me why I didn't reverse all that way back & put my tyres against the curb, which I thought was weird for a 3 point turn. He was not in a good mood.

Then we drove around the block for about 5 minutes, you know, left here, left here, left again, can you guess where next? Yep left again!!! Then he said, okay go inside & wait for them to call your name, so I said, I passed then, he said oh yeah & then just got out & walked off! I was shouting after him, thanx, have a good day, bye!!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:40 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Roadster280
Congrats! I went on the last day before Christmas last year, hoping there would be no line. And there wasnt. As you say, test was easy. Breaking the law though is a BIG no-no here in GA. Speeding being the common one. The test center is in a shopping center, and the reversing exercises are done in the parking lot, which has a 10mph limit. No problem for the exercises, but driving out onto the roads at 10mph! I got marked down for doing 25 in a 35, but it was not a failure.

The only bad (sad) part was handing over my UK licence for the GA one. Oh, and the funny looks when renting a car in the UK when I show my GA licence, but with a UK accent!

Congrats again. Cheaper insurance shall be yours!
WTF? Why on earth did you do that, surely that's not right, it's yours not there's & as far as I know, you can have as many licenses as you please?
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:41 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Ray
I though her name was Beryl ...
Hey, I'm 24, not 42!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:43 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Ray
It no great problem ...but the georgia law applies to American licences ..remember they really don't acknowledge other countries exist ..
Yep, sad but true!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yep, sad but true!
Bloody hell..is anyone else allowed to post in here...you just did 5 on the trot..bit like your hen night.

Last edited by rushman; Jul 4th 2006 at 10:49 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:49 pm
Back where I belong!

Default Re: Driving Test

Originally Posted by rushman
Bloody hell..is anyone else allowed to post in here...you just did 5 on the trot..bit like your hen night.
Sorry, I can't spend all day on here, got things to do, so I have to catch up & post as I go, so again, my apologies!

PS - How is your red muff treating you these days?!?!

Last edited by Partystar; Jul 5th 2006 at 12:13 am.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Sorry, I can't spend all day on here, got things to do, so I have to catch up & post as I go, so again, my apologies!

PS - How is your red muff treating you these days?!?!
Dunno what you are talking about???

Clear you PM box ya lazy cow
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:52 pm
Back where I belong!

Oh & thanx to all of you for the 'Congratulations' & copious amounts of karma, this must be what it feels like to be a karma whore, nice! Now I shall return to being a 'normal' whore!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:56 pm
Back where I belong!

Dunno what you are talking about???

Clear you PM box ya lazy cow
You bugger, you edited it!

Sorry about that, I've cleared a space for you in my inbox!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

WTF? Why on earth did you do that, surely that's not right, it's yours not there's & as far as I know, you can have as many licenses as you please?

Errr...cos they told me to!! I wanted it sooooo badly......
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Roadster280
Errr...cos they told me to!! I wanted it sooooo badly......
You should've done what ever other member of this forum did....LIED!! Should've told them you never had a UK licence and taken the GA road test. get your brother/uncle/mother whoever in the UK to send off to the DVLA for a replacement stating you lost yours and a £10 fee later your back with a pinkie.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:37 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

You should've done what ever other member of this forum did....LIED!!
I was never asked to turn mine in. If they had they would have got the Margot treatment...
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
I was never asked to turn mine in. If they had they would have got the Margot treatment...
I was asked in NY but said I never had one.....well I didn't......it was at home on the dresser.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:41 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

You should've done what ever other member of this forum did....LIED!! Should've told them you never had a UK licence and taken the GA road test. get your brother/uncle/mother whoever in the UK to send off to the DVLA for a replacement stating you lost yours and a £10 fee later your back with a pinkie.
So is it that easy to get a new one? I lost mine about 4 years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.