Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving Test

Driving Test

Old Apr 19th 2006, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Driving Test

Originally Posted by Partystar
You have some way to defy the laws of physics do you?! Did you not read what I wrote, it's impossible!!! It's not a matter of skill, it's physically impossible!
As impossible as changing a plug?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:33 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
As impossible as changing a plug?
Wow, how does your wife manage, she has to change the plugs too?! You know, you really should learn how to do that, it's very easy.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:42 am
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

They actually made you guys take driving tests as in physicial driving? I dont get it? If you have a valid UK license you should only get "theory" test that consists of showing you things like a picture of a red light and what it means.
Besides, I thought they gave away American driving licenses in boxes of Cheerios.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:47 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
They actually made you guys take driving tests as in physicial driving? I dont get it? If you have a valid UK license you should only get "theory" test that consists of showing you things like a picture of a red light and what it means.
Total nonsense... most States require a test for aliens
Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:02 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

I moved here from Britain. I couldn't be arsed to get my US license & I'm perfectly happy to drive on my UK one!!! Also, I was told (by a cop! ), that I couldn't get my US license until I had a SSN, which I didn't have until a few months back.

Couldn't be arsed, I bet the DMV would loved to have known where you were the entire time that you were driving illegally!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:09 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
Couldn't be arsed, I bet the DMV would loved to have known where you were the entire time that you were driving illegally!
I bet!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:40 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet!

i couldn't be arsed either then our insurance company called one day and said time was up.. i had to take it otherwise i could no longer have insurance cover. so later that same morning i went and took my test and called him that same afternoon and said ok i'm legal i passed.... he couldn't believe it..lol it is easy here although i was driving my suv which i wasn't used to driving so had to watch my reverse parking and that's a joke...anyway good luck for next time....giving us any clues when you will take it again?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:03 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i couldn't be arsed either then our insurance company called one day and said time was up.. i had to take it otherwise i could no longer have insurance cover. so later that same morning i went and took my test and called him that same afternoon and said ok i'm legal i passed.... he couldn't believe it..lol it is easy here although i was driving my suv which i wasn't used to driving so had to watch my reverse parking and that's a joke...anyway good luck for next time....giving us any clues when you will take it again?
Reverse parking? Get thee to a civilized state, say, Florida?, forthwith!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:34 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by TruBrit
When I have someone to look after my son! Which means either MIL or if hubby gets off work early (which has only happened once!) to watch him. Hubby took tomorrow off, so we could move house. I'm hoping we can squeeze it in, but I need to find a car to take the test in, oh what fun! I'll keep you posted!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

I took mine in AZ in an expedition and had to do a three point turn, but it was relatively simple after that really just drove around the block.
As for taking it asap my OH made sure i did as the insurance premium was ridiculous until we both has US licenses.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Besides, I thought they gave away American driving licenses in boxes of Cheerios.
That's true for NJ but I think it very much depends of the state you live in.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:25 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Naaa, in Joisey, it's really, really, really difficult now
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Naaa, in Joisey, it's really, really, really difficult now
You now have to parallel park between two cones a quarter of a mile apart instead of half a mile.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:30 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You now have to parallel park between two cones a quarter of a mile apart instead of half a mile.
I never had to do the practical, just the theory......once or twice
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:31 pm

OK, no swatting, take the theory, 80% for a pass...

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/driver_ma..._questions.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.