Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving in NJ with UK license

Driving in NJ with UK license

Old Mar 25th 2021, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving in NJ with UK license

Originally Posted by destone View Post
Interesting. I use Zipcar extensively when I visit London, and they specifically prohibit manual cars for those with US licenses. And Zipcar (both their US and UK operations) is owned by Avis.
Maybe because they know they'll have to constantly replace the clutches!
Old Mar 25th 2021, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tino View Post
a person who has a valid license in their home country

That part is crucial. HOME country. Where you live. Your residence. Not where you were born. Not where you grew up. Not the passport you hold. You live in the US so the US is your home country, not the UK.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 11:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steph0scope View Post
That part is crucial. HOME country. Where you live. Your residence. Not where you were born. Not where you grew up. Not the passport you hold. You live in the US so the US is your home country, not the UK.
I disagree. I moved to the US in 1996, then to Canada 7 years ago. The UK is my home country and always will be.