Reload this Page >

Driving license renewal on green card

Driving license renewal on green card

Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

daveisared is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving license renewal on green card

Hey,
I just need some clarification from somebody who has already been through this scenario.....
I was granted my AOS and green card last summer, last week I went to my local DMV to renew my soon to expire Texas driving license, after taking my finger prints etc the lady told me my application was pending and I would receive notification in the mail.

Is this the normal thing and does it take long to be accepted?

Also I changed address very recently, do I need to notify USCIS? I wasn't sure if it was just during an ongoing case or not

Thanks

David
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving license renewal on green card

Yes. Form AR-11.
Originally Posted by daveisared
I changed address very recently, do I need to notify USCIS?
If there's an open case, one might need to notify USCIS twice - with the AR-11 and with a letter to the USCIS facility where the open case is being processed.
I wasn't sure if it was just during an ongoing case or not
Regards, JEff
Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Jeff,
I submitted the eform now,

Do you know the process or wait times on a drivers license? It's been to weeks since I visited the DMV and still heard nothing

Thanks
David
Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:23 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jeff,
I submitted the eform now,

Do you know the process or wait times on a drivers license? It's been to weeks since I visited the DMV and still heard nothing

Thanks
David
License renewals will vary by state. You will need someone with Texas experience for info to have any value (I am in WA and I renewed online, all very easy, but no help to you I am afraid)
Old Feb 15th 2013, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Ok thank you, it's all very frustrating, DMV refer me to uscis and uscis refers me to DMV, and now my license has expired
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thank you, it's all very frustrating, DMV refer me to uscis and uscis refers me to DMV, and now my license has expired
If your driving licence has expired, you may need to stop driving immediately as (depending on Texas law) it may be illegal for you to drive with an expired license. Your insurance may also be invalid.

Contact a Texas attorney immediately for further advice.

In most states, it is fairly straightforward to renew license with a permanent resident card, however you may need to visit a different office.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:33 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure why USCIS would be involved with the driving license. Am I missing something? or is there a bit to the story that you have omitted?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, I stopped driving when it expired.

I've had renewals in the past before I got my green card, it was all straight forward with no problems, this is the first time I've renewed using my green card I got in August last year. The lady at the DMV says she's had this happen in the past and about a week later the guy got a letter through saying it was all ok to renew. I've been waiting 2 weeks and nothing
Basically at the moment the DMV say my renewal is pending?
Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
I just need some clarification from somebody who has already been through this scenario.....
I was granted my AOS and green card last summer, last week I went to my local DMV to renew my soon to expire Texas driving license, after taking my finger prints etc the lady told me my application was pending and I would receive notification in the mail.

Is this the normal thing and does it take long to be accepted?

Also I changed address very recently, do I need to notify USCIS? I wasn't sure if it was just during an ongoing case or not

Thanks

David

Do you mean your license is pending or the renewal? Whenever anyone renews here, citizen or PR, they do not receive the license straight away, it takes a few weeks and then gets mailed to you.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Panic over.....I got a letter from DPS saying DHS had verified my green card details and my license renewal is approved

Thanks for the help
Old Feb 17th 2013, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Panic over.....I got a letter from DPS saying DHS had verified my green card details and my license renewal is approved

Thanks for the help
That's good