Reload this Page >

Driving Lessons

Driving Lessons

Old Feb 16th 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

dignity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving Lessons

Hi, Can anyone help please?

On H4 and have my ITIN number and wish to start driving lessons. I'm in MA. Does anyone know how to get the ball rolling?

Cheers

Diggers
Old Feb 16th 2005, 4:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving Lessons

Originally Posted by dignity

On H4 and have my ITIN number and wish to start driving lessons. I'm in MA. Does anyone know how to get the ball rolling?

Cheers

Diggers
did you drive in the UK?
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Check the DMV/BMV website for mass...it'll tell you there....chances are, you'll have to go to a dmv/bmv office, take the theory test and eye test, when passed, you'll be given a learners permit and you can take classes or whatever, and then take the test, if you don't have a UK license you might need certain amount of hours driven in lessons and night driving before being allowed to take a test.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Chaps!

Nope haven't driven in my life except a Golf Cart!

Will keep you posted.

Diggers

Originally Posted by Bob
Check the DMV/BMV website for mass...it'll tell you there....chances are, you'll have to go to a dmv/bmv office, take the theory test and eye test, when passed, you'll be given a learners permit and you can take classes or whatever, and then take the test, if you don't have a UK license you might need certain amount of hours driven in lessons and night driving before being allowed to take a test.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:15 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Chaps!

Will keep you posted.

Diggers
OK. Go for it! I never had a full driving license in the UK either so I had a dozen driving lessons ($35 for an hour's tuition). Then, I drove about another 45 hours with my spouse before I took the "behind the wheel" test.

Don't forget to study the Driver's Handbook for your state either...

NC Penguin
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Chaps!

Will keep you posted.

Diggers
Neither did I. But it took me 1 hour driving around a parking lot with my wife and a 10 minute test to pass.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the test is pretty easy, don't have to do anything complicated like in the UK...it'll probably scare you more taking the test *lol*

But do read up on the state driving rules, especially fond of asking about penalities...
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:59 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
But do read up on the state driving rules, especially fond of asking about penalities...
Yeah, you could probably pass the test just by correctly answering all of the alcohol questions.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Yeah, you could probably pass the test just by correctly answering all of the alcohol questions.
Shame no one over here seems to pay them any heed mind....I've heard a guy at work talking that he was going out to practice his drinking and driving on the weekend. Different mindset (ie, 60's UK?) over here, it seems.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Dan725
Shame no one over here seems to pay them any heed mind....I've heard a guy at work talking that he was going out to practice his drinking and driving on the weekend. Different mindset (ie, 60's UK?) over here, it seems.
aye, well they don't get the same government adds do they like in blighty...
and there's tough penalties over here, but shite drivers don't get pulled over unless there speeding...easy way to spot the drunks, there the only ones doing the speed limit...occasionally
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:15 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, you should pass a US driving test with no trouble.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I learned to drive in MA. This was before 9/11 though. Just get the handbook and read it before doing the test to get your learners permit. I think all I needed was the ITIN number and my passport with the stamps in it to show we were in the system for immigration. I don't know if you need to show your social security card now to get a learners permit. I know my son did when he started to learn, but of course that was after we had got them. Best of luck . The actual test is pretty easy. More or less just round the block, and making sure that you can drive on the right hand side of the road.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Hilden is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Diggers

I passed my test in MA 2 year's ago. If you are on a H4 visa you need to go to the social security office and get a letter saying you do not have a social security number. This you take to the driving test center so that you can get your learner's permit.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Just about to go and do all this today.

Incidentally, the chap at the BOS RMV (head office I guess) stated that I am NOT entitled to a driving licence!!??

Makes me laugh, yet drives me crazy at the same time!

Cheers for all your help.

Diggers

A jock in MA
Old Mar 4th 2005, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Just about to go and do all this today.

Incidentally, the chap at the BOS RMV (head office I guess) stated that I am NOT entitled to a driving licence!!??

Makes me laugh, yet drives me crazy at the same time!

Cheers for all your help.

Diggers

A jock in MA
What??? I'd check again. I do know they put in some draconian rules a while back, but AILA has been working constantly since then to have it changed, I do know that in FL you have to have your I-797 and they give you a driving licence for 2 years, if you're AOS, or till the end of your visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.