Driving

Old Oct 3rd 2012, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

eng13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving

Unfortunately Pulaski I am in NC, and they now wont give you a drivers license with out proof, not even my marriage certificate., so I have to wait for my EAD or whatever you call it...
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Many states require you to show proof of legal residence to get a license and will tie the validity of the license to the validity of the proof provided.

In other news, omg I just replied to Pulaski! He rises from the mists of time like Brigadoon...
Yes they are very strict on that here.

and
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

eng13 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is true Bob....and as I have gone through the struggles of immigration over the years, and have listened to many many MANY American citizens complain about illegal immigrates, it is a good thing that they want proof...It just is quite depressing for those of us who have spent a lot of money time effort and emotions to be here...I can promise you this though...I wont be driving illegally. My fear of getting in trouble far out weighs my desire to do something wrong...Its just not worth the risk
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
In any case in many statea you don't even need to be a legal resident to get a DL.
Not so much any more ...

The Feds and the states are still in a bit of a stand off over REAL ID Act of 2005 but, in practice, most states now require some kind of proof of "legal presence" in the US in order to get a driver's license and, if your status is not permanent then the license issued will expire when your status does.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
........ In other news, omg I just replied to Pulaski! He rises from the mists of time like Brigadoon...
Yeah, I'm back, .... passing time with my new smart phone on a much longer bus ride since I moved last month. And I guess I'll be staying away from issues with Del's.