Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Drivers license questions

Drivers license questions

Old Aug 17th 2001, 1:06 am
Michael McGuire

Ok,

The very not nice lady at the local office told me- she had to have her citizenship
*before* Alabama would issue a drivers license.

I left quite upset-because I know this is not true, but I do not know *how* to make
some desk jockey follow the rules. So, what are the rules...

We had a current passport, drivers license in Russia, Marriage certificate and a ss
card with her married name.

Someone suggested paying for an ID card and then going ......

Michael

Old Aug 17th 2001, 1:19 am
Betastar

Go to a different DL office in a different town.

Or...

Go to: http://www.dps.state.al.us/divisions.html#anchor259788

http://www.gotjokes.net/applications...river_app.html

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:06:25 -0500, [email protected] (Michael McGuire) wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 17th 2001, 3:10 am
Michael Voight

Michael McGuire wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Did this no nice and WRONG lady have a supervisor??

Michael

Old Aug 17th 2001, 3:38 am
Michael McGuire

Sup is on vacation for a week...

I'm going to a different couty. Madison is KNOWN for being jerks. They still have
the license's "payeable to Emmett Sanders". Seems like an easy way to siphon money.
Never been to a county before that puts the county money into a director's name....
very strange.

Michael

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Ok,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The very not nice lady at the local office told me- she had to have her[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > citizenship *before* Alabama would issue a drivers license.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 17th 2001, 9:42 am
Alvena Ferreira

Michael McGuire wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Don't get too hung up on the checks being made out to the county clerk...they do it
that way in KY also, and it does not mean a thing relative to siphoning money.

Alvena
--
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice; this is my personal opinion, posted
for the purpose of discussion only.
---
K-1 FAQ: http://www.k1faq.com Jonathan's K-1 pages:
http://pages.prodigy.net/alixtcat/immigrat.htm Doc Steen's Marriage Visa Information
Pages: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

Old Aug 17th 2001, 12:07 pm
Grinch

>
    >
    >

In the movie I saw Madison County was known for its bridges.

Grinch

Old Aug 17th 2001, 5:05 pm
Kris

I applied my driver's license in NJ.Pass the eye-vision test and written exam. I
didn't have any problems at all except that i have to wait for 3 months before i can
take the road test. I misplaced my driver's license in Spain (it was already expired
anyway) so i have to start from the beginning. My husband added me to our insurance
without a problem. Now all i need to do is wait till i pass my road test.

All they ask was my social security number and employment card. I applied the State
ID for temporary identification purposes while i am waiting for my driver's license.

Kris

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I'm going to a different couty. Madison is KNOWN for being jerks. They still have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the license's "payeable to Emmett Sanders". Seems like an easy way to siphon[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > money. Never been to a county before that puts the county money into a director's[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > name.... very strange.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 17th 2001, 6:35 pm
Michael Voight

kris wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

If you have no DL, how did he add you to the insurance, aren't you an unlicensed
driver?? At least here, if you don't have a license, you don't need to be added
to the insurance. You can drive on a student permit and the spouse's insurance
would cover you in the car. When you get the license, then you have to get added
to the policy.

Michael

Old Aug 20th 2001, 12:33 pm
Kris

He sent them a copy of my learner's permit and a copy of my State ID. The number
assigned on both is gonna be my driver's license number. Anyway, before sending this
documents, he explained to them that this is not the first time i got a driver's
license and had been driving since i was at the age of 20. They accepted his word and
added me to the insurance. Hubby just bought me a car and he listed me as the primary
driver in this one. Paid additional amount for the new policy for both cars and
additional driver. Today am going to DMV to register my car. I guess every insurance
companies have their own policies. Am glad my husband had been with them for a long
time that there was no problem adding me to his insurance.

Thanks, Kris

Michael Voight <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I applied my driver's license in NJ.Pass the eye-vision test and written exam. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > didn't have any problems at all except that i have to wait for 3 months before i[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > can take the road test. I misplaced my driver's license in Spain (it was already[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > expired anyway) so i have to start from the beginning. My husband added me to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > our insurance without a problem. Now all i need to do is wait till i pass my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > road test.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >