Reload this Page >

drivers license in Maryland

drivers license in Maryland

Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

waitinfordave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default drivers license in Maryland

Hi everyone!
I haven't written for a while since Dave (daveyboy) has been here and we've gotten married. : ) I have a question for anyone who has gotten their drivers license in Maryland, we were wondering if anyone was able to keep their U.K. license also. Thanks for any replies.
Linda
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:42 pm
Grahame And Laura

Default Re: drivers license in Maryland

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:00:14 +0000, waitinfordave
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi everyone!
    >I haven't written for a while since Dave (daveyboy) has been here and
    >we've gotten married. : ) I have a question for anyone who has gotten
    >their drivers license in Maryland, we were wondering if anyone was able
    >to keep their U.K. license also. Thanks for any replies.
    >Linda

They didn't ask for my Australian drivers licence. I think I still
have it somewhere. It's only the out of state ones that they take, at
least that's been my experience in New York with an MD licence.

Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by waitinfordave
Hi everyone!
I haven't written for a while since Dave (daveyboy) has been here and we've gotten married. : ) I have a question for anyone who has gotten their drivers license in Maryland, we were wondering if anyone was able to keep their U.K. license also. Thanks for any replies.
Linda

I'm planning to take one too, may be you can check under Maryland official website about their rules of driving license. I don't know whether they accept other countries driving license, but definitely in my country I drive on the other side of the road! I bet the same in UK too.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 7:09 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!
Linda
Hey there Linda

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! on your marriage.
When I got my driving license in Colorado, I was able to keep my Spanish driving license as well, I dont see why couldnt you
http://www.mva.state.md.us/DriverServ/APPLY/apply.htm
Hope that helps!!

Take care!
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

I got my drivers licence in DC before I moved to DC (I lived temporarily in DC) where you dont have to take a 3 hr drug and alcohol awareness class like you do in MD (and they charge you about $50 for the privilage!) In DC when I got my licence they asked me where I had my International licence from - when I said the UK they didn't make me do the written test. They looked at my licence (and maybe made a copy) - this was the old paper-type licences) and gave it me back. Took a computer-written test (VERY EASY) and voila. Easy Peasy. When I moved to MD I just forfitted my DC licence for a MD one - I think you only have to give up your licences from another State. It would make no sense to have to give up your International licence - how would you be expected to drive back home?!!!

Good luck....

Hi everyone!
Linda