Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Drivers License in Florida

Wikiposts

Drivers License in Florida

Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

helens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to all
Default Drivers License in Florida

Hi, I used to live in Florida (on an L2 Visa) a few years ago. I had a valid drivers license, which expired when our visa expired and we moved back to the UK.
My question now is if I come back to the USA to Florida this time on an L1 Visa, do I have to sit another driving test, or will I just be issued a new license or what ?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:41 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drivers License in Florida

Originally Posted by helens
Hi, I used to live in Florida (on an L2 Visa) a few years ago. I had a valid drivers license, which expired when our visa expired and we moved back to the UK.
My question now is if I come back to the USA to Florida this time on an L1 Visa, do I have to sit another driving test, or will I just be issued a new license or what ?
What does the FL DVD website say?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:41 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You may be able to just renew ...
even if you come on a visa waiver ....
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

helens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Elvira
What does the FL DVD website say?
The Florida DVD haven't answered my emails and their web site Q/A's doesn't say
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
You may be able to just renew ...
even if you come on a visa waiver ....
I tried renewing on a visa waiver, but they insist that you have to have a valid I94
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:10 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I tried renewing on a visa waiver, but they insist that you have to have a valid I94
Well of course .. if you in the coutry you should have that ...
if your not a resident or citizen
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Well of course .. if you in the coutry you should have that ...
if your not a resident or citizen
No they meant one with resident status, which I didn't have as a visitor, but did when we had a valid resident visa.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:19 am
Ray

No they meant one with resident status, which I didn't have as a visitor, but did when we had a valid resident visa.
your confusing me ...
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
your confusing me ...
Why ? I didn't think this was a particularly difficult question.
I was took a driving test and was given a license that ran out when my L2 Visa expired.
3 years later, I want to know if I would need to take a driving test again before applying for my license, or if with my documentation in hand to prove I have current resident status they will extend my old license ?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:49 am
Ray

Why ? I didn't think this was a particularly difficult question.
I was took a driving test and was given a license that ran out when my L2 Visa expired.
3 years later, I want to know if I would need to take a driving test again before applying for my license, or if with my documentation in hand to prove I have current resident status they will extend my old license ?
It actually ran out when your I-94 run out
if you have a new I-94 it will be renewed
and be valuid until that I-94 runs out
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
It actually ran out when your I-94 run out
if you have a new I-94 it will be renewed
and be valuid until that I-94 runs out
It took a while, but thanks.
PS. Nice Bum !
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

plenty of people have licenses in Florida for holidays, all those B1/2 people, the license is just valid for the length of the I-94 though.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:02 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Bob
plenty of people have licenses in Florida for holidays, all those B1/2 people, the license is just valid for the length of the I-94 though.
Even on the VW...
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Even on the VW...
Just for the record, they won't give you a drivers license on a VW - I already tried that. They say I can drive on my UK license for 3 months anyway, which is the length a VW is for normally.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:13 am
Ray

Just for the record, they won't give you a drivers license on a VW - I already tried that. They say I can drive on my UK license for 3 months anyway, which is the length a VW is for normally.
Must have just changed then ..my mate got his just after christmas ...

although different offices will tell you different thing ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.