Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

At The Drive In

At The Drive In

Old Feb 17th 2005, 2:14 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: At The Drive In

Originally Posted by Dan725
There is a drive in out in the sticks not too far from Tampa, never been to it yet, but might give it a try soon before the weather kicks in, going in the middle of summer wouldnt be too much fun I should imagine
Where 'bouts ??
Old Feb 17th 2005, 2:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tone
Where 'bouts ??
check out the link from an earlier post to find drive-ins near you...
Old Feb 17th 2005, 2:48 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

That'll learn me to read the thread
Old Feb 17th 2005, 3:56 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Englishmum
You can check if there is a Drive-In near you by checking here:

http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/open
Thanks for that link! Pulled up my hometown...it had 5 drive-in's when I was a kid, but they've all gone now. Surprised to see them all listed. Brings back good memories of family nights out
Old Feb 17th 2005, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
In my experience getting tickets for an NFL game is either extremely difficult or totally impossible, depending on the team you want to see. I've been to one NFL game (Steelers v Patriots) a few years ago, but only because we knew somebody with season tickets. I was watching a Green Bay Packers game on Monday night football a couple of months back and they said that the bloke currently No.1 on the waiting list for Packers season tickets joined the list in 1970.

Baseball's another matter - I've been to quite a few games (Red Sox, Yankees, Mets) and getting tickets for anything except a pennant or world series game is fairly straightforward. We even saw the Yankees play for $8 each last season. It was, however, in the bleachers and we had to listen to the Yankees fans around us singing about the Red Sox being faggots all the way through, even though the Yankees were playing the Colorado Rockies at the time.
I've been to every major sport in America, except a college football game, which is a surprise considering I live just a mile or two from the ASU campus and Sun Devil stadium. Maybe it has something to do with most of my family being UofA grads? lol

NFL tickets are easy to get, because the Cardinals suck. Looking forward to the new football stadium opening next year, as I go when a good team is in town and my Redskins happen to be coming this year. I have been to a Seahwaks game also up in Seattle. I scalped some tickets to a playoff game for the NBA Atlanta Hawks a number of years ago, but I'm not a big fan of basketball. I did have tickets to see our Suns play the Lakers last year, but was ill and couldn't go. This year is the first year that I will have Partial season tickets to the Diamondbacks baseball. 20 rows back from ther Dbacks dugout. I might take in a few spring training games again this year, seeing that I have the Giants and A's in my backyard.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 4:15 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: At The Drive In

That'll learn me to read the thread
Could you work on your English language skills too?

NC Penguin
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be a drive-in on Route 66 at Lexington,Illinois,the next town south of us,it was only a small one,but there always seemed to be plenty of cars there,but the screen got blown down during a very high wind,and they just never put it up again,shame,perfect place ,especially for the teen kids,nothing else for them around here,not like there's anything except bars and restuarants,anywhere near here!
We used to go to one when we were in California,I think it was near Vaccaville,it was great,we always enjoyed it,it was a cheap family evening out,the kids always used to fall asleep in the back seat.
I always used to see them in movies in the UK as well,and always thought they looked pretty good!,shame they've been dying out here....sad!....Sophia(Illinois)
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:42 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Could you work on your English language skills too?

NC Penguin
Only if I have to literally take everything at face value
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Where 'bouts ??

The one I was thinking of wasnt the one Ray mentioned but the one in Ruskin, just past Apollo Beach.