Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Drinks on Planes

Drinks on Planes

Old Nov 30th 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Drinks on Planes

Originally Posted by angelman
I felw air india from lax to Germany. We were on our honeymoon (nothing but the best for my wife!).
It was quite an experience. The good thing was that the ancient 747 was half full so we each had 2 seats to ourselves plus loads of leg room. My wife told the stewardess that it was our honeymoon and asked if they had any champagne. The stewardesss was a bit rude and said no of course not, not for economy class.
Anyway at breakfast time just before we landed the cabin staff asked to see us. They ushered us into their little galley and then proceeded to empty out their drinks cabinet. They gave us a full bottle of gin a full bottle of whiskey and then started stuffing every pocket we had with miniatures. Quite what we were supposed to do with it all I wasnt sure!
Sadly we didnt drink it on our honeymoon.. trust me it wasnt very nice whiskey. So we brought it back. The whiskey arrived in pieces in our hold luggage and our clothes stank of booze! We still have the miniatures at home...
I would have to be so totally shit faced before even boarding an Air India flight, I would not be able to stomach any more booze.

Jim.

Once upon a time, on an Air India flight, one Indian man and a English man were traveling, the indian man got his dinner from home,
he took it out the box, and took out a roti (indian chapati) then at that moment the english man curiously asked 'what?s
that', the indian replied 'bread of India'
After a while the indian took out a gulabjamun (indian sweet), at that moment english asked 'whats that' then english
replied 'sweet of india', after some time the indian guy farted with a big sound at that moment the english man asked
'what?s that', the indian said thats 'AIR INDIA'
Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drinks on Planes

yes it was quite the adventure
as we took off I noticed fuel pouring out of the wing..one spark and...
i pointer it out to the flight attendent. He seemed a little concerned but thought that it would probably be ok. I wasnt very reassured given that we had to fly so far one really doesnt want to run out of fuel over the atlantic. The good thing was that that plane was delayed by 2 hours, good for us because we got to the airport an hour late!
On the return journey my wife decided that it would be a great idea to get as drunk as possible as quickly as possible in prague. Not hard to do there with all the absinthe flowing. Next morning I felt terrible, my wife who has never had a hangover was all bright and breezy. It was the day of the Prague marathon so there were no taxis anywhere.. we finally just managed to get tot he airport in time. I managed not to throw up in the taxi. However getting on the plane was terrible. Very cramped seats, the smell of curry cooking and bo... it was stifling hot as the air con wasnt working.. really not what you want when youre nursing an absinthe hangover from hell!

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I would have to be so totally shit faced before even boarding an Air India flight, I would not be able to stomach any more booze.

Jim.

Once upon a time, on an Air India flight, one Indian man and a English man were traveling, the indian man got his dinner from home,
he took it out the box, and took out a roti (indian chapati) then at that moment the english man curiously asked 'what?s
that', the indian replied 'bread of India'
After a while the indian took out a gulabjamun (indian sweet), at that moment english asked 'whats that' then english
replied 'sweet of india', after some time the indian guy farted with a big sound at that moment the english man asked
'what?s that', the indian said thats 'AIR INDIA'
Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:45 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered OTC meds to help calm your nerves?

Would love to booze it up but am always worried about DVT from the dehydration.
I always get trancs before flying. Trouble is they wear off halfway usually and my husband has to steer me (dribbling) through the gates.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:59 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drinks on A Plane

That was a crap movie!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:33 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh for the days of Dan Air and the other oldies that have since defunked?
Any one remeber the days when you boarded the plane half cut and by the time you got to your destination you were staggering, it was drink you own(even though you were not supposed too) and empty the stocks on the Plane, those old flights to Ibiza etc were like flying pubs back in the 80's.
I cringe when I think what it was like, lol those poor Hosties :scared:
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:04 am
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol we'd land at an airport and the taxi ride to the hotel would be equated by the number of beers as to the time..lol those were good fun times for sure
Ahhhhhhhhhh...... The old 3 can journey.

London was a 3 can journey by train, a five can journey by car. Good times for sure.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:11 am
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Just make sure the flight crew don't notice.

Looks like Prince Charles's ears have grown straws. I don't think much of his polo hat.