Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Drinks on Planes

Drinks on Planes

Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drinks on Planes

Originally Posted by TruBrit
you're not supposed to however some do try it on.... you just have to catch them at it...lol

I presume that's so the cabin crew can control the alcohol consumption of passengers.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

you're not supposed to however some do try it on.... you just have to catch them at it...lol
Are we talking booze smugglers or the mile high club now?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I presume that's so the cabin crew can control the alcohol consumption of passengers.
Nah!! It's in the hope the passengers get pissed up on the airlines extortionate booze, forget their duty free and the thieving cabin crew can nick it.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

exactly
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rushman
Nah!! It's in the hope the passengers get pissed up on the airlines extortionate booze, forget their duty free and the thieving cabin crew can nick it.
lol now just as if
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

or the mile high club now?

best of luck to 'em i say
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

lol now just as if
Don't give me that cobblers TB....I bet there's many a time you've legged it off to the hotel with a few bottles of Gordon's courtesy of cattle class.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

Don't give me that cobblers TB....I bet there's many a time you've legged it off to the hotel with a few bottles of Gordon's courtesy of cattle class.

lol don't you mean the whole bar trolley
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

lol we'd land at an airport and the taxi ride to the hotel would be equated by the number of beers as to the time..lol those were good fun times for sure
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

I felw air india from lax to Germany. We were on our honeymoon (nothing but the best for my wife!).
It was quite an experience. The good thing was that the ancient 747 was half full so we each had 2 seats to ourselves plus loads of leg room. My wife told the stewardess that it was our honeymoon and asked if they had any champagne. The stewardesss was a bit rude and said no of course not, not for economy class.
Anyway at breakfast time just before we landed the cabin staff asked to see us. They ushered us into their little galley and then proceeded to empty out their drinks cabinet. They gave us a full bottle of gin a full bottle of whiskey and then started stuffing every pocket we had with miniatures. Quite what we were supposed to do with it all I wasnt sure!
Sadly we didnt drink it on our honeymoon.. trust me it wasnt very nice whiskey. So we brought it back. The whiskey arrived in pieces in our hold luggage and our clothes stank of booze! We still have the miniatures at home...

lol don't you mean the whole bar trolley
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:24 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
I'm flying back to the UK tomorrow and I am a nervous flyer. I used to bring a small plastic bottle of Vodka on board (only time I touch the stuff) and feel no pain until landing.
Not allowed to do that now.
But, hypothetically, if I forgot I had a plastic bottle in my carry on, would it show up? Not that I'm thinking of it, oh no!
Rob
I'd reckon that your bottle would be found. As well as perhaps two pairs of eyes scanning everything that is going through the x-ray (hand luggage included), you may be singled out for your hand luggage to be physically inspected post x-ray.

Have you considered OTC meds to help calm your nerves?

NC Penguin
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:07 am
Account Closed

lol we'd land at an airport and the taxi ride to the hotel would be equated by the number of beers as to the time..lol those were good fun times for sure
slappers
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

slappers

So you watch Mile High too.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:23 am
Account Closed

So you watch Mile High too.
Watch it?? I invented it
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:09 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Watch it?? I invented it
The Mile Ahead Club is just as much fun and a lot easier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.