British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Drinks anyone ?... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/drinks-anyone-240777/)

Yosser Jul 7th 2004 5:08 pm

Drinks anyone ?...

I'm not a big coke drinker, but Coke's new C2 (half the cals, half the carb's) tastes great too me. Normal coke is too sweet, plus it has 6 spoonfuls of sugar in it, diet coke just taste like plain 'ol shite! but the C2 I think has a really good refreshing taste.

I see Coors (beer) has a new version also, "coors edge" not sure of the exact details, but its also amied at keeping the taste without going overboard on the calories and carb's.

That means I can now have 2 pizzas, a bowl of pasta, 3 loaf's of bread and a chocolate bar, but I can off set it, as I'm now drinking half the carbs and cals in my new C2 ;)

NC Penguin Jul 7th 2004 5:14 pm

Re: Drinks anyone ?...

Originally posted by Yosser
I'm not a big coke drinker, but Coke's new C2 (half the cals, half the carb's) tastes great too me. Normal coke is too sweet, plus it has 6 spoonfuls of sugar in it, diet coke just taste like plain 'ol shite! but the C2 I think has a really good refreshing taste.

<<snip>>
What about Pepsi or Diet Pepsi? I prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke these days. I don't care about the difference in carbs 'cos I hardly ever drink sodas/fizzy drinks, even in the summer.

Yosser Jul 7th 2004 5:23 pm

Originally posted by NC Penguin
What about Pepsi or Diet Pepsi? I prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke these days. I don't care about the difference in carbs 'cos I hardly ever drink sodas/fizzy drinks, even in the summer.
I find Pepsi even sweeter than coke! Mountain Dew is the mother of all carb's though 46 grams of sugar in one can - diabetes anyone?

I'm with you though NC, I drink 6 or 7 bottles of water a day (I have a thirsty job at times) if I'm really hot and bothered I normally go for gatorade.

Lion in Winter Jul 7th 2004 6:15 pm

I see Coors (beer) has a new version also, "coors edge" not sure of the exact details, but its also amied at keeping the taste

What taste?

cuckoofrommars Jul 7th 2004 6:24 pm

I laughed like a drain when I heard that Coke and Pepsi were bringing out drinks that were half way between full or diet. But the Coke C2 is great. Not drack like Diet, and not as scary (6 spoons of sugar!!) as regular. I'm waiting for Wegmans to catch up and sell 1 litre bottles of store brand stuff for 59 cents.

Dufus Jul 7th 2004 6:47 pm

IMHO - C2 is rubbish.

There is a time and a place for full fat coke and there always will be in my house !

Diet Coke - no thanks

C2 - no thanks

Water, sure

snorkmaiden Jul 7th 2004 6:50 pm

My hubby got some of that C2 stuff the other week and I tried a little but I thought it left a nasty after-taste.

I'm a water drinker.

rincewind Jul 7th 2004 8:23 pm

Is it me or is this country going carb crazy :confused: :rolleyes:

Every where you go there are low carb signs.

I'm addicted to PibXtra right now. Kind of a better Dr Pepper.

Tried the C2, not bad. Still not as good as the original though.

I hate diet pepsi as it seems to go flat as soon as you open the can.

Cherry Vanilla Coke fountain drink from Waffle House?? Now you're talking :)

BritGuyTN Jul 8th 2004 5:33 pm

i actually really like aspen edge (the new coors beer) - its very crisp and its much better than michelob ultra which tastes like watered down miller lite

i was disdainful of all the light stuff until i put on 10 punds and realised that the bottles of heinekin i was drinking had nearly 170 calories as opposed to less than 100 for the light stuff

ElsieTheMaid Jul 8th 2004 5:57 pm

I see Coors (beer) has a new version also, "coors edge" not sure of the exact details, but its also amied at keeping the taste without going overboard on the calories and carb's.
Drink Miller Lite, less carbs, less calories and tastes much better than Coors.
;)

BritGuyTN Jul 8th 2004 6:50 pm

actually the beer he was referring to is called aspen edge, less carbs and calories than miller lite (which used to be my normal tipple)

ElsieTheMaid Jul 8th 2004 7:32 pm

Originally posted by BritGuyTN
actually the beer he was referring to is called aspen edge, less carbs and calories than miller lite (which used to be my normal tipple)
But it tastes like piss water.

rincewind Jul 8th 2004 7:38 pm

Originally posted by ElsieTheMaid
But it tastes like piss water.
Doesn't all American beer :D