Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"To dream....the impossible dream..."

"To dream....the impossible dream..."

Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "To dream....the impossible dream..."

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
How did you guess? Experience?
I read about in a book ....
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I read about in a book ....
Did it also tell you who is guaranteed to show up on a thread about sex?
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:20 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Intra company transfer & then got married
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Something to do with kinky nurses and fun in the sun got me here.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Ditto... apart from the marriage bit.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Something to do with kinky nurses and fun in the sun got me here.
Liar!!!! I know you really came for the Venezuelan girls.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Liar!!!! I know you really came for the Venezuelan girls.
Well some of the kinky nurses may have a Latin American heritage its true...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Well some of the kinky nurses may have a Latin American heritage its true...
Quick somebody fetch the ice cubes.....
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Quick somebody fetch the ice cubes.....
Got a whole sack of ice here.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:35 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Same here - been married 2 months now so only just started on the AOS process.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Worked for a US company for years - they shit themselves after 911 and started moving everyone back "home," They offered me the chance of lifetime to come on an L1 to live in LA and I would of had rocks in my head to refuse
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Married an American. Moved over. (pretty boring really)
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

redlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to behold

We came the hard way.....E-2, cost us a fortune.
But we are here now,and working hard to stay....
Also enterd the DV lottery.
Yeah I know another long shop.
Dont do, dont get.
Redlobster
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:55 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ScyLarc
Intercompany transfer for me - took about 3 months from the "By the way we are moving your job to the USA" to us actually being here and discovering Delaware really is a State!
Pretty similar here. Came over in July for three weeks to cover for a guy who'd been fired. Went back to Blighty and was offered the job in August. Went on vacation in August. Came back for two weeks in September while I was waiting for my visa. Moved permanently in October.

I close on my house next week . In less than three months I've sold (or should I say given away) most of my worldly goods, sold my house, cars, caravan, motorbike (not strictly true - still for sale if anyone wants to buy), moved 5000 miles and worked alot!!

All worth it (so far)!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Pretty similar here. Came over in July for three weeks to cover for a guy who'd been fired. Went back to Blighty and was offered the job in August. Went on vacation in August. Came back for two weeks in September while I was waiting for my visa. Moved permanently in October.

I close on my house next week . In less than three months I've sold (or should I say given away) most of my worldly goods, sold my house, cars, caravan, motorbike (not strictly true - still for sale if anyone wants to buy), moved 5000 miles and worked alot!!

All worth it (so far)!
Could you not bring the bike, not nice today but you are missing out the Peak to Peak etc.

Mind you somebody got it horribly wrong at the weekend coming down from Nederland and impaled themselves into a Jeep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.