Wikiposts

Downpour

Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Downpour

My god its like forty days and forty nights. Hope everyones relatives are safe and sound.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6236348.stm

Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Downpour

When I checked the email this morning I had 2 emails from my mum, the first one was "Flood" and the second was "Flood update" Not really what you want to see first thing Monday morning. Her house was just OK but the neighbours had a lot of damage. One had 3 or 4 feet of water running through their house. From what I heard the speed it happened and the speed it was flowing was very frightening. Everyone is OK which is good but the damage to their houses/cars and the loss of personal things is really sad. Heres some pictures my sister took before the water got really high, my mum looks pretty miserable I think you'll agree!

Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
When I checked the email this morning I had 2 emails from my mum, the first one was "Flood" and the second was "Flood update" Not really what you want to see first thing Monday morning. Her house was just OK but the neighbours had a lot of damage. One had 3 or 4 feet of water running through their house. From what I heard the speed it happened and the speed it was flowing was very frightening. Everyone is OK which is good but the damage to their houses/cars and the loss of personal things is really sad. Heres some pictures my sister took before the water got really high, my mum looks pretty miserable I think you'll agree!

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/phot..._70969_791.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/phot..._70967_121.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/phot..._70968_438.jpg
OMG! Thats grim, your poor Mum, way, way worse than my sister in Retford. She had water pouring through the walls in three rooms, eventually she ventured outside to pull all the gutters off the roof which just couldnt cope with the volumn of water!! When she got back in drenched to the skin she aksed her five year old to run upstairs and get a change of clothes. The five year old did her duty and promptly came down with a sparkling cocktail dress....bless her!
Hope your Mum and sis fine, Bfoody grim for all, lets hope the insurance kicks in!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:24 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/phot..._70969_791.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/phot..._70967_121.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/phot..._70968_438.jpg
How dreadful!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. The only damage to my mums stuff was that 2 of her decorative logs floated away. Actually, I think you can see them in picture. From what I understand, 1 house had a foot of water in it and now is basically covered in mud and crap. I'm really in awe of this guy. 6 weeks ago his wife died completely out of the blue. The same day he had a heart attack. Then he was staying with his son and ended up in hospital for gastroenteritis. Now this. He's 80 odd and realized what was happening at 5:30am. Got up and moved his car then started moving his stuff upstairs. I guess at some point my sister and her boyfriend climbed through his window to help him and he managed to get a lot of stuff put of the way. Another house wasn't so lucky. They had a lot of water flowing through their house. It washed their freezer out of the house and sounds like it has made a horrible mess of the downstairs, by the time they realised it was too late and they couldn't do anything. My mum said after the water went away one of their cars was so messed up that the lights were flashing and the wipers going and nothing could stop it. I guess the main thing is no one was hurt physically but emotionally they must be devastated. I asked about insurance and they are covered so that's good but there are some things that you can't replace.

I took a look at the BBC Gloucestershire website and they have a lot of reader pictures, it's unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it.

Flood Gallery
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. The only damage to my mums stuff was that 2 of her decorative logs floated away. Actually, I think you can see them in picture. From what I understand, 1 house had a foot of water in it and now is basically covered in mud and crap. I'm really in awe of this guy. 6 weeks ago his wife died completely out of the blue. The same day he had a heart attack. Then he was staying with his son and ended up in hospital for gastroenteritis. Now this. He's 80 odd and realized what was happening at 5:30am. Got up and moved his car then started moving his stuff upstairs. I guess at some point my sister and her boyfriend climbed through his window to help him and he managed to get a lot of stuff put of the way. Another house wasn't so lucky. They had a lot of water flowing through their house. It washed their freezer out of the house and sounds like it has made a horrible mess of the downstairs, by the time they realised it was too late and they couldn't do anything. My mum said after the water went away one of their cars was so messed up that the lights were flashing and the wipers going and nothing could stop it. I guess the main thing is no one was hurt physically but emotionally they must be devastated. I asked about insurance and they are covered so that's good but there are some things that you can't replace.

I took a look at the BBC Gloucestershire website and they have a lot of reader pictures, it's unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it.

Flood Gallery
Wow, what a guy. Its kind of like a different generation isnt it?? But like you say everyone is safe and sound physically and thats the most important thing. But insurance cant cover everything like keepsakes and old photos. A lot of my friends live in Shropshire and they've had it pretty bad too, not so far away I guess?? My ex-101 year old neighbour from Shropshire had a flood but brushed it off as she normally does, what a gal!! Thanks for the gallery kind of puts it in focus.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Flood Gallery

We thought it was bad in Blighty. Anyone heard the news from Karachi. Uber bad!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:07 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Flood Gallery
Good to hear your lot are safe, but its unreal, I never thought i'd see Bath road under water
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
Good to hear your lot are safe, but its unreal, I never thought i'd see Bath road under water
and were basking in the sun here... crazy weather
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Deedee13
and were basking in the sun here... crazy weather
And Italy's having a major heatwave. Whats going on.....?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Major probs in Sheffield with (Brightside) under 6 ft in places.RAF helicopter rescuing people off buildings in City centre.Rotherham has a dam likely to burst evacuated 700 people from valley All over heavy rain 1 months worth in 4 hours.3 deaths so far.All UK effected.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Major probs in Sheffield with (Brightside) under 6 ft in places.RAF helicopter rescuing people off buildings in City centre.Rotherham has a dam likely to burst evacuated 700 people from valley All over heavy rain 1 months worth in 4 hours.3 deaths so far.All UK effected.
It's really bad, been watching it on the bbc web site.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:44 am
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Yea it got a bit damp here yesterday.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Brightside is a dump at the best of times.

It's not the first time Sheffield has experienced floods...I dare say it won't be the last. Fortunately the city is very hilly...so only low lying areas will be affected.

http://www2.shu.ac.uk/sfca/
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Brightside is a dump at the best of times.

It's not the first time Sheffield has experienced floods...I dare say it won't be the last. Fortunately the city is very hilly...so only low lying areas will be affected.

http://www2.shu.ac.uk/sfca/
Seems to be getting worse. They're evacuating a load of people in Rotherhan as a dam is about to burst! Bet my Mum wishes she'd let my Dad buy that boat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.