Reload this Page >

Double H1B transfer question

Double H1B transfer question

Old Aug 9th 2003, 6:20 am
Just Joined

marthews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Double H1B transfer question

Hi,

I'm an H1B visa holder working in the US. My current employer has decided to lay me off, and in order to stay unambiguously within status, I have decided to take an interim job that is less good than other jobs I could potentially get. I will obviously apply for an H1B transfer, and start working for my interim employer as soon as the BCIS sends back their filing receipt, as the law requires.

I have two questions.

1) If I get a second, better job offer before the H1B transfer is actually approved (which in California can take many, many months), is it legal for me to submit a second transfer request before the approval for the first request arrives?

2) If there is any legal grey area here, would it be advisable for me to arrange to expedite the H1B transfer for my interim job (which will cost $1,000), so that I will have an approved H1B when I move to whatever better job I get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.