Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Don't blame me, it's not my fault!

Don't blame me, it's not my fault!

Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't blame me, it's not my fault!

Please, please, please someone tell me I am not the only one who thinks people in this country need to start being responsible for their actions and stop looking for someone else to deal things they should be doing themselves.

A while back I pissed off a tele-marketer who wanted to mail me some paper work and have me sign it as part of a petion to lobby the goverment and the big wigs in Hollywood to better regulate the sex and violence shown in movies and on TV. When I told him no he said very nastly 'well do you have children'. I told him yes and that it was my job as a parent to regulate what my children watch not someone sitting at a desk in washington and that I as a capable adult could decide what was fit for me to watch. He hung up on me.

Anyhow Wed night I worked late and didn't get to bed till 3am, next morning who should wake me up but the Johovahs Witinesses [sp?] knocking at the door so to get rid of them so I could go back to bed I take their leaflets. Yesterday I was flicking through them reading about the perils and evil of TV and how sex & violence dominate and cause people to go postal etc etc etc (ok not in those words but you get the drift).

What is it with people in this country? are they really not capable of deciding for themselves? or taking the effort to control what their kid watches? and when someone goes loopy can it be they are mentally disturbed instead of it being the fault of what is shown on TV.

Same goes for people who smoke and got cancer or got fat from Mc D's... maybe just maybe it was their fault?

OK stepping down from my soap box now, rant over.

Ash

Oh, one last thing- just for the record I think TV is WAY over censored.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Don't blame me, it's not my fault!

It's a blame culture. Everyone lives in fear.

You know this when someone just bumps into you in the supermarket or whatever and then you get 5 minutes of appologies incase you are offended
Old Oct 6th 2006, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

[
You know this when someone just bumps into you in the supermarket or whatever and then you get 5 minutes of appologies incase you are offended[/QUOTE]

Nah.....that's called being canadian!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

GaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
You know this when someone just bumps into you in the supermarket or whatever and then you get 5 minutes of appologies incase you are offended
I apologise when someone bumps into me. I didn't even think about it in Britain but here it seems to be considered somehow strange.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:06 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I believe this has been termed the 'Oprah-isation'of the country- everything can always be blamed on your parents, race, sex, socio-economic status, upbringing, school....
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ironporer
I believe this has been termed the 'Oprah-isation'of the country- everything can always be blamed on your parents, race, sex, socio-economic status, upbringing, school....
Now theres one bitch that needs the slapdown if ever there was one.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Oh, one last thing- just for the record I think TV is WAY over censored.

<<<sigh>>>

Indeed. All the bleeping out of swear words only draws attention to them. And as for the evils of bare nipples...

But violence and blood & gore is perfectly okay and clealry unlikely to corrupt anyone
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
<<<sigh>>>

Indeed. All the bleeping out of swear words only draws attention to them. And as for the evils of bare nipples...

But violence and blood & gore is perfectly okay and clealry unlikely to corrupt anyone
Dont you bare your nipples at me! Oh on second thoughts....
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:13 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Dont you bare your nipples at me! Oh on second thoughts....

I'll show you mine if you.........
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

I'll show you mine if you.........
I'll show you my nips. No worries.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:35 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

<<<sigh>>>

I don't know... I wonder if the nipples and butt cracks I saw on TV years ago are not to blame for my depravity. Maybe they should have blurred out those cheerleaders too...
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:45 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

<<<sigh>>>

I agree 100%

Its a sad state of affairs when an exposed nipple causes more worry about our childrens future than a string of school shootings.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:43 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
I agree 100%

Its a sad state of affairs when an exposed nipple causes more worry about our childrens future than a string of school shootings.
Ban all nipples I say. The censors have it right. It starts with a nipple exposed and before you know it people are kissing before marriage. Are you people nuts!!!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Ban all nipples I say. The censors have it right. It starts with a nipple exposed and before you know it people are kissing before marriage. Are you people nuts!!!
kissing before marriage now you are going to far!!!
actually when i came over on holiday last year i found it strange that you couldnt see nips on tv but you cold see someone get their head blown off at 2pm
i have to add, its really not my fault im so fat, its those evil gits at macdonalds, they used to hold me down and stuff big macs in my mouth when i was a kid

Last edited by englishnurse; Oct 6th 2006 at 6:50 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by englishnurse
kissing before marriage now you are going to far!!!
actually when i came over on holiday last year i found it strange that you couldnt see nips on tv but you cold see someone get their head blown off at 2pm
i have to add, its really not my fault im so fat, its those evil gits at macdonalds, they used to hold me down and stuff big macs in my mouth when i was a kid
Im sueing Mars for making me fat. Oh, and Cadburys. Damn them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.