Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dog adoption Phoenix AZ

Dog adoption Phoenix AZ

Old Oct 7th 2013, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dog adoption Phoenix AZ

Long shot but running out of options. We have been fostering this dog for a while. We wanted to adopt her ourselves but our existing dog wasn't getting on with her. After trying lots of other people who turned out to have allergies, impending hip replacement surgery and all manner of other issues that prevented them adopting her, I'm trying here.

Loula is a 11 month old, Lab/Ridgeback mix. She is potty trained, spayed, microchipped, licensed, and has all shots. She needs some basic obedience training, but learns quickly and is a DOLL who loves babies, kids and other dogs.

Loula is looking for an energetic family who will play with her, take her on daily walks, and spend plenty of time just giving her snuggles and love. Could it be you?

PM me
Attached Thumbnails Dog adoption Phoenix AZ-loula.jpg  
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:05 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog adoption Phoenix AZ

Sir Eccles, I can't adopt the sweetie myself (and wouldn't in a city apartment where I have already hit the limit of two cats), but I will ask around. I know someone who lives in Phoenix and she might know somebody.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
Sir Eccles, I can't adopt the sweetie myself (and wouldn't in a city apartment where I have already hit the limit of two cats), but I will ask around. I know someone who lives in Phoenix and she might know somebody.
Thanks I appreciate it.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:14 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried any of the local breed specific rescue groups? We just adopted a dog from our local one. Even if they don't have room to enter her in their foster programs, they will probably do a curtesy listing on their websites.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:32 am
Some Where in the Desert

AZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Long shot but running out of options. We have been fostering this dog for a while. We wanted to adopt her ourselves but our existing dog wasn't getting on with her. After trying lots of other people who turned out to have allergies, impending hip replacement surgery and all manner of other issues that prevented them adopting her, I'm trying here.

Loula is a 11 month old, Lab/Ridgeback mix. She is potty trained, spayed, microchipped, licensed, and has all shots. She needs some basic obedience training, but learns quickly and is a DOLL who loves babies, kids and other dogs.

Loula is looking for an energetic family who will play with her, take her on daily walks, and spend plenty of time just giving her snuggles and love. Could it be you?

PM me
try Desert Lab Retriever Rescue

http://www.dlrrphoenix.org/
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AZ_Alba
try Desert Lab Retriever Rescue

http://www.dlrrphoenix.org/
I believe we already have.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:25 pm
Some Where in the Desert

AZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I believe we already have.
How about East Valley New Life Rescue?

http://evnewliferescue.org/
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AZ_Alba
How about East Valley New Life Rescue?

http://evnewliferescue.org/
Thanks for your help. We are trying to avoid sending her back to a rescue organization. As fluffy as their websites are, some of them have rather hellish shelters.

We have a friend coming around today (or later this week) who is apparently a one woman adoption machine and thinks she knows someone looking for a new dog. Hopefully she'll think Loula is a good match.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely try Ridgeback Rescue, they often take RR mixes. I dont know about the ones in PHX, but the TX Rescues have them in foster homes and not shelters - they take them OUT of the shelters!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dog I rescued from Texas. Had her 5 months now. Not my intent. She is great dog but a puppy at heart and still chews a lot of things. But knows basic commands, is affectionate and is lab Retriever. I listed my dog with a Rescue so she is on their website and I take her to their adoption events when I can. It might be an idea for you as well. I don't want to keep her but will keep her until can find good home for her. I live in Mesa Arizona by the way..
Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:52 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sir_eccles,

Was just reading this and wondered if you had an update?
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi sir_eccles,

Was just reading this and wondered if you had an update?
Not much of an update. Loula is still available as far as I am aware. The woman did eventually come round and evaluated her. She sounded confident she knew people would have her but I don't think we have heard back. I think we will be dropping her off at the Petco adoption event (Indian Bend) on Saturday and she will be taking over from then on.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:09 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'll keep my fingers crossed she finds a new forever home
Old Nov 11th 2013, 12:00 am
Just Joined

loula_now_nala is an unknown quantity at this point

sir eccles - thought you might like to know that everything worked out OK for Loula. My son adopted her at the Indian Bend location and brought her home. I was hesitant at first but can see that this is a fabulous dog. He lives in Telluride and is taking her up there for the winter. Sadly, I don't think she can ski.

All good my friend.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loula_now_nala
sir eccles - thought you might like to know that everything worked out OK for Loula. My son adopted her at the Indian Bend location and brought her home. I was hesitant at first but can see that this is a fabulous dog. He lives in Telluride and is taking her up there for the winter. Sadly, I don't think she can ski.

All good my friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.