British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Dog Acccessories arghhhh!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dog-acccessories-arghhhh-385277/)

Tbag Jul 17th 2006 1:43 am

Dog Acccessories arghhhh!!

Okay. Me and the hubby went to the flicks last night. After the movie kicked out we both had to go to the loo.
I walk in the ladies to find a woman and two daughters yelling at each other because the mini king Charles spaniel dog they had taken to the movie with them had apparently began to bark at the volume in the theatre. The mum seemed pissed off because the barking had ruined the moving going experience for her? :eek:

since when did it become ok to take a friggin dog to a movies??????..............
The poor little bugger seemed confused and stressed out, It REALLY pissed me off.

I'm sorry but dogs are not f***in accessories this for me is just taking it too far.

Also no one seems to walk there dogs in my neighborhood, i grew up with Boxers and Golden labs and they were walked EVERY day by a member of the family...............
It is me?????????????? or is this the norm nowadays? :confused:

britontour Jul 17th 2006 3:49 am

Re: Dog Acccessories arghhhh!!

Originally Posted by Tbag
Okay. Me and the hubby went to the flicks last night. After the movie kicked out we both had to go to the loo.
I walk in the ladies to find a woman and two daughters yelling at each other because the mini king Charles spaniel dog they had taken to the movie with them had apparently began to bark at the volume in the theatre. The mum seemed pissed off because the barking had ruined the moving going experience for her? :eek:

since when did it become ok to take a friggin dog to a movies??????..............
The poor little bugger seemed confused and stressed out, It REALLY pissed me off.

I'm sorry but dogs are not f***in accessories this for me is just taking it too far.

Also no one seems to walk there dogs in my neighborhood, i grew up with Boxers and Golden labs and they were walked EVERY day by a member of the family...............
It is me?????????????? or is this the norm nowadays? :confused:

No I knew someone here that had staff's and never seemed to walk them seems cruel to me. The back yard wasn't that big either.

Although saying that I'm sure thats not everyone, half the reason I never had pets is because I don't have the time to look after them properly.

Pimpbot Jul 17th 2006 1:57 pm

why on earth would you take a dog to the movies and who the hell let her in with it!

During the summer months I walk the dog less, due to the heat. It doesn't take much to overheat her when it's 110 and the pavement is too hot for her feet. However, if I don't walk her, I make sure she gets plenty of playtime in the big back yard running after her balls, which she loves. She's off to doggy daycare today, which will wear her out for about the next two days. lol

Ray Jul 17th 2006 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
why on earth would you take a dog to the movies and who the hell let her in with it!

Might have been a Lassie double feature ..

Tbag Jul 17th 2006 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot

During the summer months I walk the dog less, due to the heat. It doesn't take much to overheat her when it's 110 and the pavement is too hot for her feet. However, if I don't walk her, I make sure she gets plenty of playtime in the big back yard running after her balls, which she loves. She's off to doggy daycare today, which will wear her out for about the next two days. lol

My sentiments exactly........ I thought the same...who would let them bring the poor pup in? I should actually call the theatre and make a complaint...

I understand the heat thing 100% we fostered a Border collie for 6 months
and there were days when you just could not take her out, I have neighbors with a golden retriever and they don't let him leave the yard (small) and it is never walked. I just think bigger dogs should at least have a good run off the leash a couple of times a week, it is sad as it goes against there nature :(
Doggy day care sounds like a brilliant idea i bet she loves it!

ladylisa Jul 17th 2006 7:03 pm

I've overheard people in my neighbourhood calling my dog 'that lucky dog' because I walk her around the neighbourhood twice a day which is about 3 miles. She also goes to the park most mornings not that anyone of them knows that. Its sad when people dont take dog ownership seriously, I'm looking to getting another dog in the not too distant future and I thought about adopting, god its heartbreaking trolling through the websites. The number of dogs that were at risk of being euthanised brought a tear to my eye.

vegas Jul 17th 2006 7:11 pm

When I was a kid in the 60's in Liverpool it was normal to let the dog out. It would be gone all day and come back at night. Seems unbelievable now.

AmerLisa Jul 17th 2006 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by vegas
When I was a kid in the 60's in Liverpool it was normal to let the dog out. It would be gone all day and come back at night. Seems unbelievable now.

I think they used to the same thing with kids as well.

britvic Jul 17th 2006 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I think they used to the same thing with kids as well.

Yes thats what we did, happy day's :)

gruffbrown Jul 17th 2006 7:54 pm

I sometimes stop and chat with people on our street (there's a joke there somewhere) only to find out they are Professional Dog Walkers, how f'ing lazy can the owners be? :o

britnyank Jul 17th 2006 7:54 pm

We've promised the kids a dog when we get over there - anything to keep the little one in America!!!!
Any suggestions for a breed suitable for Arizona???!! I'm guessing a Labrador Retriever would suffer the heat too much?
Thanks....

gruffbrown Jul 17th 2006 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by britnyank
We've promised the kids a dog when we get over there - anything to keep the little one in America!!!!
Any suggestions for a breed suitable for Arizona???!! I'm guessing a Labrador Retriever would suffer the heat too much?
Thanks....

Coyote?

gruffbrown Jul 17th 2006 7:57 pm

And don't get me started on people that dress their dogs up....grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

britvic Jul 17th 2006 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
And don't get me started on people that dress their dogs up....grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

I know, that's what I thought this thread was about.

britnyank Jul 17th 2006 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Coyote?

Thanks for that! Are we allowed to keep coyotes? And can I be sure it wouldn't eat the youngest?? :rolleyes: