Does immigration cost jobs?

Old May 16th 2010, 4:57 pm
Banned

Ozone Park will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Does immigration cost jobs?

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!
Old May 16th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozone Park
You don't have a right to roads either do you, but where would society be without them? Healthcare is a part of the structure of a civilised society.

Don't call it a "right", call it whatever you want, but we need it

Lol- I got you before you thought twice and edited it
We need roads, we need education, we need food, we need water. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say we have a right to any of these things. Rights are free speech, freedom of assembly, freedom OF religion (not from), and the like. If you pay for it, it's not a right. A road is a good just like food. You need it, but you can't derive rights from it. Health care and roads and education only contribute to a civilized functioning society, they don't make a society civil and just, however

Last edited by chrisfromusa; May 16th 2010 at 5:01 pm.
Old May 16th 2010, 5:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
We need roads, we need education, we need food, we need water. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say we have a right to any of these things. Rights are free speech, freedom of assembly, freedom OF religion (not from), and the like. If you pay for it, it's not a right. A road is a good just like food. You need it, but you can't derive rights from it
Ok, like I said..Lets not get caught up with the word "rights"

Thats the point I was trying to make there..Roads, defense, mass transit, social security, police and fire protection, etc, etc, etc are not "rights" written into the American Constitution...We all know that..Alright?
Old May 16th 2010, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, like I said..Lets not get caught up with the word "rights"

Thats the point I was trying to make there..Roads, defense, mass transit, social security, police and fire protection, etc, etc, etc are not "rights" written into the American Constitution...We all know that..Alright?
Oh I was just pointing out to when it was said that healthcare isn't a right. Just simply saying that, comparing something that you have to pay for in some way or another to a right that you can't pay for (you can't pay for freedom of speech right?) Just so no one gets confused in that, all those things plus health care only contribute to a civilized society but doesn't make one so. Anyways moving on, does immigration cost jobs? I think it depends on the level of immigration we're talking about. If you keep letting in low-skilled imimgrants with no education of any kind, it does cost jobs Americans can do. But specialized jobs that require some sort of education, no I don't think so.

Forgot to add one thing, I saw pictures of Mexico and the U.S. before NAFTA was introduced, strangely enough, there were no border fences at the cities before then and Mexicans didn't come running across en masse like they do now either

Last edited by chrisfromusa; May 16th 2010 at 5:14 pm. Reason: Addition
Old May 16th 2010, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!
The mantra of the guilty.

Ian
Old May 16th 2010, 6:27 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

We need roads, we need education, we need food, we need water. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say we have a right to any of these things. Rights are free speech, freedom of assembly, freedom OF religion (not from), and the like. If you pay for it, it's not a right. A road is a good just like food. You need it, but you can't derive rights from it. Health care and roads and education only contribute to a civilized functioning society, they don't make a society civil and just, however
You forgot the promote the general welfare bit.
Old May 16th 2010, 8:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Good point FB!
Old May 17th 2010, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Wel-fare

–noun
the good fortune, health, happiness, prosperity, etc., of a person, group, or organization; well-being: to look after a child's welfare; the physical or moral welfare of society.
Old May 17th 2010, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Wel-fare

–noun
the good fortune, health, happiness, prosperity, etc., of a person, group, or organization; well-being: to look after a child's welfare; the physical or moral welfare of society.
I do believe I saw the word health in that there definition. If we all pay a little bit, then we all gain a lot in the way of universal care for all don't we? Doesn't that promote health, happiness and prosperity since a person would never have to worry about how to pay buckoo bucks for a doctor or test or worry about losing my house or going bankrupt if I'm unlucky enough to get sick? Therefore, doesn't that mean that access to healthcare is a right?
Old May 17th 2010, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I do believe I saw the word health in that there definition. If we all pay a little bit, then we all gain a lot in the way of universal care for all don't we? Doesn't that promote health, happiness and prosperity since a person would never have to worry about how to pay buckoo bucks for a doctor or test or worry about losing my house or going bankrupt if I'm unlucky enough to get sick? Therefore, doesn't that mean that access to healthcare is a right?
Well what I was saying in the previous posts, wasn't about should all people or some have health care, I wanted to clarify that health care can never be a right (irrespective of your thoughts on it), because a right is not something that can be bought and sold. Like you can't buy freedom of speech, or can't buy the right to a speedy trial, etc. (unless you're a slave but that point is moot nowadays anyway). You know what I mean? I'm not against you saying that we should have universal healthcare, I just don't feel that it should be called a right when in order to have it, you have to pay for it (either out of your pocket or via the public purse), you know? It's more of what to call it, than anything else. If that makes any sense.

Last edited by chrisfromusa; May 17th 2010 at 2:17 am. Reason: Clarification, and spelling
Old May 17th 2010, 2:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
You're correct SunFlower. Chris is no doubt a tough talker that wouldn't last 5 minutes in the dog eat dog world he wants to create. In other words, he's a Republican.
Old May 17th 2010, 2:18 am
Banned

Well what I was saying in the previous posts, wasn't about should all people or some have health care, I wanted to clarify that health care can never be a right (irrespective of your thoughts on it), because a right is not something that can be bought and sold. Like you can't buy freedom of speech, or can't buy the right to a speedy trial, etc. (unless your a slave but that point is moot nowadays anyway). You know what I mean? I'm not against you saying that we should have universal healthcare, I just don't feel that it should be called a right when in order to have it, you have to pay for it (either out of your pocket or via the public purse), you know? It's more of what to call it, than anything else. If that makes any sense
Oh geez-The one trick pony is still hung up on that word "Rights"
Old May 17th 2010, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

You're correct SunFlower. Chris is no doubt a tough talker that wouldn't last 5 minutes in the dog eat dog world he wants to create. In other words, he's a Republican.
Oi, I'm a Libertarian-Conservative Difference!

Oh geez-The one trick pony is still hung up on that word "Rights"
Fine let's call them Lefts then
Old May 17th 2010, 2:30 am
Banned

Oi, I'm a Libertarian-Conservative Difference!
Yeah lol, everybody that voted for George Bush Jr. twice are suddenly Libertarians, or Goldwater Republicans now..

"It's not my fault!" ....... right?
Old May 17th 2010, 2:32 am
Banned

Fine let's call them Lefts then
Or how about Essential Government Services?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.