Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Does Anyone Remember

Does Anyone Remember

Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does Anyone Remember

the gentleman who decided to give up the 9 to 5 life and just ride his bike through the midwest and west accompanied by his dog?

I have been trying to find his posts or his website online but no luck.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Anyone Remember

Of course after 1/2 hour of searching and within one minute of posting this, I found what I was looking for:

http://theoasisofmysoul.com/
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going to follow in his footsteps, Rete?

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Of course after 1/2 hour of searching and within one minute of posting this, I found what I was looking for:

Looks like he is still going and still has his doggy sidekick! So good to remember him
Old Jan 29th 2013, 9:22 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Cool website - thanks for the link Rete. Not read much of it yet, but worth it just to see some of the great photography out in West Texas. I love to see stories of people having the balls to get up and go live their dream outside the mainstream.

When you said "bike" I automatically assumed pedally iron type, not motor bike. I have a hankering to ride my bicycle across the country from one coast to the other, but its going to have to wait a few years till the anklebiters are out of the house. And by then, I suspect my bike may have grown 2 extra wheels and an engine! That has replaced my earlier yearning to sail around the world....marrying a landlubber who gets sick on a cross channel ferry kinda put the kibosh on that one....
Old Jan 29th 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

If you like 'oasisofmysoul' (I do) try this book Jupiters Travels = story of a 4 year journey around the world on a Triumph motorcycle in the 1970's. I am 1/2 way through this great Xmas present and it is quite good.