Reload this Page >

Documents to bring and initial entry

Documents to bring and initial entry

Old May 31st 2016, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Boswortha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documents to bring and initial entry

Hi there,

I am trying to think of every possible important documentation I may need for my impending move next week to the US. So far I have:

- Passport with visa
- I797c form
- Letter of employment
- Marriage certificate
- Photo ID
- Last two pay slips
- 2 utility bills in my name and my spouse's name
- Print out of current account and savings account statements

I am sure there must be some that I have forgotten... can anyone spot anything I am missing?

Also, for our initial entry at customs/border in the US, what should I expect in terms of questions about my O1 and my spouse O1b visa? The length of our stay etc?
Will I be given anything on arrival?

Thank you!
Old May 31st 2016, 10:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents to bring and initial entry

Have you looked into the wiki up top? There's a few entries with suggestions.

But I'd add birth certs to your list.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:41 pm
Lt Cl (Rtd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boswortha View Post
.... for our initial entry at customs/border in the US, what should I expect in terms of questions about my O1 and my spouse O1b visa? The length of our stay etc? ....
Questions? Probably not much - you have already been extensively researched and pre-vetted. The process of clearing immigrant on an employment visa is mostly about completing the paperwork.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:44 pm
in Northern California

malch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond repute

I would bring a LOT more, esp if you expect this to be a long term or permanent move:

* Birth Certificate
* Drivers License (you will need to obtain a US license but initially you can drive on your UK license)
* Good driving record (letter from employer or insurer). Some insurance companies will consider this.
* Medical history for any current/chronic conditions
* Evidence of educational/professional qualifications
* Comprehensive income tax records