Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Do you think expats are mean to each other?

Do you think expats are mean to each other?

Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think expats are mean to each other?

Oh I definitely think its a case of she thought she was special and then another Brit came along to take away her limelight. Stupid cow!!

I met two of my UK girlfriends in New Orleans for a holiday in January. One night we were in a bar and a group of lads came over to talk to us, we found out that they were British and were working for one of the oil refineries so they were working for a few weeks out at sea and then when off spent their time in the States. They thought they were so special that a few of them wouldn't even talk to us as we were from INGERLUND! I didnt tell them I lived over here because I didnt want to appear that I was bragging like them.. Come to think of it we also got talking to another Brit in the park who lived in Arizona he thought he was Mr Special too. Muppet's
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

This is one reason we dont go anywhere near Whorelando...way too many Brits with what I call the Costa Del Sol expat attitude
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:53 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
...way too many Brits with what I call the Costa Del Sol expat attitude
Sombreros and stuffed straw donkeys ???
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Sombreros and stuffed straw donkeys ???
and white socks/sandals, footy shirts, cheap beer and attitudes.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:10 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
and white socks/sandals, footy shirts, cheap beer and attitudes.
Ahh, socks and sandals - nice combo
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

biccy has a brilliant futurebiccy has a brilliant futurebiccy has a brilliant futurebiccy has a brilliant futurebiccy has a brilliant futurebiccy has a brilliant futurebiccy has a brilliant future

When I first moved to the UK, I was mean to other American expats -- I hated them and their buffoonish ways, their complaining and inability to get understand the humour (and adapt to British spelling and pronounciation). They were not like me, biccy, US expat extraordinaire! So accomplished was I at fitting in to my adopted homeland!

Then a few years went by and I realized I was being a tool with this attitude. (although this American girl started at my work before I left the UK and it came flooding back)
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:25 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Florida is full of British arses of those who aren't friends I have had a few dealings with them and they invariably try to stiff you or whine about only being on an E2 and how unfair it is. Makes me fu cking puke they knew the score before they got here so they should shut up I don't give a toss.

Ray,AWP and myself are all of the same view about hole ando I believe the BE expression is chavs and it's full of people with red sunburn saying 'shat yower marf koylie'

I actually actively direct Brits to the mousehole away from where we live
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Thydney
Florida is full of British arses of those who aren't friends I have had a few dealings with them and they invariably try to stiff you or whine about only being on an E2 and how unfair it is. Makes me fu cking puke they knew the score before they got here so they should shut up I don't give a toss.

Ray,AWP and myself are all of the same view about hole ando I believe the BE expression is chavs and it's full of people with red sunburn saying 'shat yower marf koylie'

I actually actively direct Brits to the mousehole away from where we live
Oy, you don't have to be a Brit to feel that way. The entire STATE shares the feeling.. lol...

Thankfully, the rodentinfestedpit is far enough away that not many venture across...
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Have you thought about inviting Ray to the next get-together?
Of course in the circumstances ..you have to ask ..were you afraid for you life.. Under Florida law ..big mistake on her part ..Termination with extreme prejudice

I don't get any problems ...
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:40 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

I don't get any problems ...
now why doesn't that surprise me?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Ergghh She sounds like a right old bag, I would of felt like shit too Cutina if she'd said that to me, it was out of order.

So far I've not met any other Brit expats in the flesh, but I've only been here 5 months.

Annette
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:59 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Ergghh She sounds like a right old bag, I would of felt like shit too Cutina if she'd said that to me, it was out of order.

So far I've not met any other Brit expats in the flesh, but I've only been here 5 months.

Annette
You wanna invite some over? There's quite a few BE members living in PA?

NC Penguin
Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
You wanna invite some over? There's quite a few BE members living in PA?

NC Penguin
Course! If anyone is ever in the Harrisburg area be sure and PM me beforehand and we'll get together for a beer or three. We're also pretty close to NJ and MD.
Or a big tristate get together would be cool.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:30 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Course! If anyone is ever in the Harrisburg area be sure and PM me beforehand and we'll get together for a beer or three. We're also pretty close to NJ and MD.
Or a big tristate get together would be cool.
Oh. I know of people who live in Harrisburg actually.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold

Maybe she wanted to be the Ooooonly Brit in the village!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.