Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Do you Superbowl?

View Poll Results: Do you Superbowl?
Yes!
54.17%
No!!
41.67%
Maybe this time, but only if Janet is performing!
4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Do you Superbowl?

Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:58 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you Superbowl?

Have you gotten in to the great American tradition of watching the game?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Superbowl?

I've got $10 riding on it at work. I stand to win up to $500 so you bet I'm watching it!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:07 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Yes for 2 reasons-the Pats are MY team and my DH has always liked American football (has a Fantasy Football team) and is thrilled to be able to watch the Superbowl during normal hours instead of in the middle of the night when he was still in the UK.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:16 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

We went to a Superbowl party last year. Much as I've tried I just can't get into American football and Superbowl just goes on for far too long with all the flaming commericals.

Luckily Mr Sibsie is working this year so I won't have to go to a party.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's crap, can't be arsed with it...but having said that, the Pat's are in it, so might watch it, won't be going crazy over it like a lot of people do...last year, only flickered through parts of it, games to fragmented to get into, having five min breaks every 20 seconds is too irritating...and half time shows were crap...not to mention the people they get to sing the anthem, shite...oh well...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:05 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Since I've been here I've started watching the Washington Redskins (due to family peer pressure !)
As someone above said, there are so many adverts it makes a one hour game into 3.5/4 hours.
I asked a friend of mine who goes to the games what the players do when the ads are on, and he said they just stand around, as do the supporters.
Boring !
Having said that, gotta have a soft spot for the
New ENGLAND Patriots.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:26 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I've got $10 riding on it at work. I stand to win up to $500 so you bet I'm watching it!
I have $50 on the game at my buddy's bar which is plenty enough of a gamble for me.

The owner has a friend in CT who has $500 squares on his Superbowl draw. They are all pre-sold with no advertising and it is a winner-takes-all setup. $50,000 to the lucky winner.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:28 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough
Talking wardobe malfxn; behind the sin footage

click here to watch wardrobe malfunction advertisement.

windows media
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

ScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really nice

I've watched the Superbowl every year even when i was in the UK. This year I have a quandry, the Patriots have been my team since i started watching it on Channel 4 but the Eagles are my local team.......so i guess i will be happy who ever wins.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:18 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course I do. Any opportunity to see nipples has me in front of the tv.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't missed a live Superbowl since 1985. I also remember the first televised bowl back in 82 on Channel 4. Thats why I'm a Skins fan, as they beat Miami.

I have been invited to a party, but I prefer to watch at home with my chips and dips and the wife coming in every 30 minutes to tell me how boring football is!. lol

It will be a sad day when football season ends, but Baseball spring training is just around the corner.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:46 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I don't but that's only because I haven't had the time to get into Football here. I didn't like football in England so I haven't given NFL a chance.

I'm still into F1 and tried NASCAR but it's as dull as ditch water. At least F1 cars turn left and right

Each to their own I guess.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
I'm still into F1 and tried NASCAR but it's as dull as ditch water. At least F1 cars turn left and right
Aye, that's so true...it's so boring...crashes are good though....but still, nascar is dull....would like to see some GT or touring car races, those were fun too...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

It will be a sad day when football season ends

I can't believe how short the season is, it's only about 4 months unless you get to the 'final'
Compare it to the Uk "football" season which is almost 9 months, and these guys over here make an absolute fortune.
One of the biggest things is merchandise.
Most cities have only one team and therefore total domination of the merchandise. You can't go 50 yards around here with seeing someone in a Redskins hat, jacket, scarf etc.
Compare that to 6 premiership teams in London, and countless other teams in lower divisions all vying for a piece of the merchandise pumpkin pie and it adds up to a tidy sum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.