Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Do you like it in the USA?

Do you like it in the USA?

Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:01 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you like it in the USA?

Originally Posted by HumphreyC
How about Lake Michigan ? - Never been there but I always thought those massive lakes were kind of like inland seas. Lack of mountains/hills must suck though - I don't think I could live in the mid-west because of that. No chance of getting the missus to move somewhere like PNW or New England if she won't leave the country ?
Lake Michigan is fresh water, there are hundreds of freshwater lakes around my way (Fox Lake, obviously, among others), but you don't get that sea breeze off them like I got off Belfast Lough back home.

An in-country move could be feasable but the same problem of finding work comes up. At least in the UK I had a few options, or at least I could try to be reinstated to my old civil service grade if worst came to the worst.

PNW and New England would be ideal otherwise
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do you like it in the USA?

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Just wondering - do you have children here? If so, what are their ages? Children are wonderful but can complicate the situation (moving, etc). I feel for you if you've had health issues. This isn't the best country to live in if you don't have good health - the health care is good - just costs a bloody fortune.
No kids luckily in a way, one less complication. The health issues were self inflicted - crashed a few motorcycles etc and have some lingering probs because of that - but woke me up to the whole health care debate and got me thinking about getting older here with the almost inevitable health related issues that go along with aging.

I've found as I've got older my priorities and focus have changed a lot and are not even close to being the same as when I came.