Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Do you 'keep fit' in the US?

Wikiposts

Do you 'keep fit' in the US?

Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you 'keep fit' in the US?

Originally Posted by Bob
major shame that, fitness routines, gym, training in the summer holidays and stuff...sod that....what's wrong with just letting them have a laugh...it's such a shame that you don't see people having a knock around in the park, back in blighty, be a few parks where you'd be guaranteed to find people having a knock around that you could join in for a laugh, but it doesn't happen here, it all has to be organised, teams, goals and kit, can't be messing around with a couple shirts on the ground and two on two v keeper etc...oh well...maybe i'm just getting old and grumbly *lol*
I know what you mean, but at leas t here they teach kids how to be competitive, at my daughters Junior school back in the UK, sports day was a joke, no competitive sports activities were allowed at all as they didn't want again of the kids to feel bad about losing. So much for teaching them future life skills..
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:54 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
maybe i'm just getting old and grumbly *lol*
You, Bob? Surely not!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:58 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
can I ask, is it any good, I was thinking of joining Curves, can't be doing with all the hot bodies at LA fitness and places like that..
DON'T DO IT GIRL!!! I went to see our local curves and was the youngest by about 30 years. The girl showed me around and they make you run on the spot - they don't have walking machines - to 'high energy' music. When I went they were playing Chas and Dave's 'Rabbit' (true!)
The girl said what a great place it was and how effective it was so when I asked her 'So why is everyone here so fat then?' I don't think she took kindly to me. She kind of went a bit cold after that.
To be fair, it was my one and only visit to a Curves but on that visit, I would never return.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:01 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
DON'T DO IT GIRL!!! I went to see our local curves and was the youngest by about 30 years.
Just remember that (unless you die young) you'll be 30 years older one day...
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:02 pm

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Just remember that (unless you die young) you'll be 30 years older one day...
Yeah, then I'll join Curves
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:03 pm
Homebody

Yeah, then I'll join Curves
Good girl!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

DON'T DO IT GIRL!!! I went to see our local curves and was the youngest by about 30 years. The girl showed me around and they make you run on the spot - they don't have walking machines - to 'high energy' music. When I went they were playing Chas and Dave's 'Rabbit' (true!)
The girl said what a great place it was and how effective it was so when I asked her 'So why is everyone here so fat then?' I don't think she took kindly to me. She kind of went a bit cold after that.
To be fair, it was my one and only visit to a Curves but on that visit, I would never return.

PMSL , Chas and Dave, omg :scared:
I recall going to aereobics a few years ago and being greeted by all these middle age women that announced they'd been going for years, same thing, still all fat bastards..
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alien species
I run 5 miles a day......
why??
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:08 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Manc
why??
because they're there?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:15 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
because they're there?
running 5 miles?
jesus.

that's what taxi's are for.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:18 pm

PMSL , Chas and Dave, omg :scared:
I recall going to aereobics a few years ago and being greeted by all these middle age women that announced they'd been going for years, same thing, still all fat bastards..
I went to aqua aerobics once to be greeted by all the old ladies smiling and saying hello and then one said 'Ooh look, snap' and I realised she was wearing the same swimming costume as me. :scared:
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:20 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

can I ask, is it any good, I was thinking of joining Curves, can't be doing with all the hot bodies at LA fitness and places like that..
Well I enjoy it.You work at your own pace.The one I go to has that satellite radio and i have never heard Chas and Dave :scared: There is always a wide spectrum of ages.
They weigh and measure you every month .you don't have to if you don't want .
you can go in and have a look around .I pay $29 a month .I work out for about 40minutes a day and do enjoy the company .
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I went to aqua aerobics once to be greeted by all the old ladies smiling and saying hello and then one said 'Ooh look, snap' and I realised she was wearing the same swimming costume as me. :scared:
nice.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:50 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

OMG
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by peacelover
OMG
That's the problem with needing underwire swimming cozzie and buying it from Marks and Spencer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.