Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Do you hate waiting in line at Disney?

Do you hate waiting in line at Disney?

Old May 14th 2013, 5:50 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you hate waiting in line at Disney?

The Manhattan set has the answer. Rent a handicapped person to guide you.

Last edited by paddingtongreen; May 14th 2013 at 6:47 pm. Reason: Fixed, thanks. The "http" thing was there twice.
Old May 14th 2013, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you hate waiting in line at Disney?

I couldn't get that link to work (even removing the BE at the start) but here's another that is probably the same story: here.
Old May 14th 2013, 7:30 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hell no!!

My younger sister (age 24) is profoundly disabled and just adores LegoLand in the UK. Whenever we take her, she is allowed up to four guests to skip the line with her, which has been a nice way for us to accompany her on her favourite rides. HOWEVER, she is unable to physically go on a lot of the rides with longer lines (rollercoasters, for example), and the guests cannot skip the line without her, so we do end up waiting for quite a few of the rides anyway.

The idea that a family would hire someone to skip lines for their own benefit just disgusts me. It undermines the whole system. I've often felt guilty about skipping lines with my sister - even though it's very, very hard for her to wait in line or climb stairs - and I would never abuse the system for my own gain. Yes, waiting for several hours for a ride is a giant pain in the arse, but if you don't like it, DON'T GO!
Old May 14th 2013, 7:53 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

You don't even have to wait in lines at Disney. Get the Disney app and some fast passes and you're sorted.
Old May 14th 2013, 8:22 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Disney Fastpass is still a bit crap though, isn't it? When we went you could only get one at a time, and it told you when to come back - OK, better than standing in line, but still fairly limited - or is there something you can buy that is better than that? Sorry, not getting on your case Weeze - its just Disney is pretty close to the top of my list of places I never want to visit again (but I know I will have to)

To be fair, we did have a really good experience with a member of staff at Disney - we were about to join a 2 hour line to wait for the (I think) Buzz Lightyear ride and my middle one was really creating - crying because they thought it looked scary and they didn't want to go. This "cast member" came over and calmed him down really quickly, then, promising him he was going to love it, walked off and told us to follow. In we went thru the back door, and literally walked straight onto a car. Nice one Of course, he loved it, and then wanted to stand in the 2 hour line to do it again....

We were at Universal over Spring Break, and that was a whole lot more palatable than Disney. For a start, not so busy, but also if you stay at the Universal resort you get free* unlimited fast passes for everyone, and its just walk up, ride, walk straight up again and ride. No "come back after this time" bollox...

*yeah, I know you pay for it in the room rate!
Old May 14th 2013, 8:43 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

It just wasn't that bad for us. The longest line we waited in was half an hour. We only had to do that a few times. Mostly it was under 15 mins. Otherwise we got the fast passes, then used the app to judge which lines weren't very long. We went on those rides until our fast pass time which was usually about an hour later.
I went expecting it to be awful, and it really wasn't. Mr Weeze did the big scary rides as soon as we got to the park and didn't wait longer than 10 mins. We had the advantage of going out of school holidays though and we were given a blog that listed which days were quietest at each park.
Old May 14th 2013, 8:45 pm

Me and the 4 year old did the Buzz spinning ride. As we were strapped in she said she didn't like it, and I agreed I didn't either as soon as it started spinning. Thankfully we both liked it once we started shooting things!
Old May 14th 2013, 8:48 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
The Manhattan set has the answer. Rent a handicapped person to guide you.
Anyone can get a Guest Assistance Card at Disney parks as long as the need can be justified cards are tailored to the individual and can include the use of waiting areas without the crowd / with shade and air-conditioning que skipping is not guaranteed. Just visit Guest Relations at the entrance of any of their parks.

Visiting the Dibb and using the Busy Park Guide can save a lot of waiting time all the parks are testing more up to date digital fast pass systems which does help.

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Disney Fastpass is still a bit crap though, isn't it? When we went you could only get one at a time, and it told you when to come back - OK, better than standing in line, but still fairly limited - or is there something you can buy that is better than that? Sorry, not getting on your case Weeze - its just Disney is pretty close to the top of my list of places I never want to visit again (but I know I will have to)

To be fair, we did have a really good experience with a member of staff at Disney - we were about to join a 2 hour line to wait for the (I think) Buzz Lightyear ride and my middle one was really creating - crying because they thought it looked scary and they didn't want to go. This "cast member" came over and calmed him down really quickly, then, promising him he was going to love it, walked off and told us to follow. In we went thru the back door, and literally walked straight onto a car. Nice one Of course, he loved it, and then wanted to stand in the 2 hour line to do it again....

We were at Universal over Spring Break, and that was a whole lot more palatable than Disney. For a start, not so busy, but also if you stay at the Universal resort you get free* unlimited fast passes for everyone, and its just walk up, ride, walk straight up again and ride. No "come back after this time" bollox...

*yeah, I know you pay for it in the room rate!
Fastpass is going to be replaced with a wireless digital system that can page riders based on location, If you get the Photopass+ as well when you get ride photos added to the card you get given extra Fastpass tickets meaning it is possible to have more than one fast pass ticket at one.

Last edited by Chatter Static; May 14th 2013 at 8:53 pm.
Old May 14th 2013, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Disney Fastpass is still a bit crap though, isn't it? When we went you could only get one at a time, and it told you when to come back - OK, better than standing in line, but still fairly limited - or is there something you can buy that is better than that?
Certainly was like that when we were there just before Christmas (midweek and still term time). The queuing time for Space Mountain was a couple of hours - and the "Fast" Pass machine was issuing tickets for 9pm onwards at 1pm! This was California, I suspect you're talking about Orlando. I do like Disney but the California one was too crowded, horrendously expensive compared to other parks in the area (both admission and drinks), and no better than the other parks in the area. California Adventure is supposed to be better.
Old May 14th 2013, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; May 14th 2013 at 10:47 pm.
Old May 14th 2013, 9:01 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
We had the advantage of going out of school holidays though and we were given a blog that listed which days were quietest at each park.
That's the big benefit....once they get in school it all changes....say bye bye to cheap, quiet anything!!
Old May 14th 2013, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Weeze
Me and the 4 year old did the Buzz spinning ride. As we were strapped in she said she didn't like it, and I agreed I didn't either as soon as it started spinning. Thankfully we both liked it once we started shooting things!
The first time we went it was to Disney Paris about 7 years ago (end of November, cold, very quiet). My boys were 3 and 5, and my daughter was about 6 months. When we tried to get them on the boat for Its a Small World, they saw the dark entrance to the tunnel, and instantly started screaming....we had to lift them up and throw them into the boat with the few other folk around looking on in amazement. Of course, once we were actually into the ride, they loved it, and we had to do it again and again...and I still can't get that darn tune out of my head!!
Old May 14th 2013, 9:29 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

and I still can't get that darn tune out of my head!!
Old May 14th 2013, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gingerert
Oh hell no!!

My younger sister (age 24) is profoundly disabled and just adores LegoLand in the UK. Whenever we take her, she is allowed up to four guests to skip the line with her, which has been a nice way for us to accompany her on her favourite rides. HOWEVER, she is unable to physically go on a lot of the rides with longer lines (rollercoasters, for example), and the guests cannot skip the line without her, so we do end up waiting for quite a few of the rides anyway.

The idea that a family would hire someone to skip lines for their own benefit just disgusts me. It undermines the whole system. I've often felt guilty about skipping lines with my sister - even though it's very, very hard for her to wait in line or climb stairs - and I would never abuse the system for my own gain. Yes, waiting for several hours for a ride is a giant pain in the arse, but if you don't like it, DON'T GO!
Old May 14th 2013, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
You're evil!

But I was going to do the same.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.