Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Do I need my US citizen fiance's birth certificate for london K1 interview?

Do I need my US citizen fiance's birth certificate for london K1 interview?

Old May 11th 2002, 7:19 pm
abi
Forum Regular

abi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I need my US citizen fiance's birth certificate for london K1 interview?

It doesnt say so on the papers that I need this, but it also says that the embassy have a right to ask for the original of any document. Is it likely I will be asked for my american fiance's birth certificate on the day of my K1 interview at the london embassy? Has anyone else ever had to submit this in their paperwork other than for the I-129f? I know I am asking a lotta questions, some of them probably stupid, but there is so much to this whole process and I just wanna make sure I get it all right. Many thanks for all the help I have recieved so far.
Old May 11th 2002, 10:20 pm
Gavin.McCormack

Default Re: Do I need my US citizen fiance's birth certificate for london K1 interview?

No trouble for asking. On Thursday I had my interview and took my partners original
birth certificate (she being the US citizen). I wasn't asked for
it...or for that matter much else. My advice is that if you can get it then take it
just in case they do ask for it. Be prepared with as much as you can take.....if
they don't ask for this or that then fine. Better to have it and not need it than
take the risk of ignoring it and being asked. Take everything you can easily get
your hands on...I took a pile of stuff just in case. There is no penalty for
taking any original document that isnt required, but there may (key word being
MAY) be a problem if you don't.....so take all originals that you can get hold of.
Just my opinion but hope it helps G

abi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It doesnt say so on the papers that I need this, but it also says that the embassy
    > have a right to ask for the original of any document. Is it likely I will be asked
    > for my american fiance's birth certificate on the day of my K1 interview at the
    > london embassy? Has anyone else ever had to submit this in their paperwork other
    > than for the I-129f? I know I am asking a lotta questions, some of them probably
    > stupid, but there is so much to this whole process and I just wanna make sure I get
    > it all right. Many thanks for all the help I have recieved so far.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 12th 2002, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Fran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do I need my US citizen fiance's birth certificate for london K1 interview?

I had my successful K1 interview on March 26th and have made the trip across the pond and we were married April 25th. At the time of my interview I took my fiance's birth certificate with me (just in case) but it wasn't asked for - my advice would be to take anything and everything that you can lay your hands on for the interview, chances are that you won't be asked for any of it but just go prepared. You will be fine, the interview is really a breeze - best of luck to you both!!

Fran