Reload this Page >

Do Canadians need a B-2 Visa?

Do Canadians need a B-2 Visa?

Old Oct 15th 2002, 1:44 am
Just Joined

Danielle is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do Canadians need a B-2 Visa?

Hi,
I realize this might not be the best place to ask the following, but it has been so hard to get straight answers anywhere I am at the end of my tether!

Situation: my boyfriend of 5 years has a work visa for the USA (he's an RN). It's a temp. contract he has, and he'll return to Canada in two years. (We are both citizens of Canada)

What can I do to accompany him? I hear so many conflicting things: that Canadians DO NOT need a visa to visit the US for an extended period, but they have to return to Canada every 6 months. (??)
If the latter is the case, how long must I remain in Canada before I can return to the USA?

Do I need an affadavit of support from my partner, though he is not a US citizen?

Do I need a passport? A B-2 visa?

Anyone in the same situation can respond here, or email me...or recommend a better site? Thanks!