Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Do Canadians need a B-2 Visa?

Do Canadians need a B-2 Visa?

Old Oct 15th 2002, 1:44 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Savary Island, Canada.
Posts: 2
Danielle is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do Canadians need a B-2 Visa?

I realize this might not be the best place to ask the following, but it has been so hard to get straight answers anywhere I am at the end of my tether!

Situation: my boyfriend of 5 years has a work visa for the USA (he's an RN). It's a temp. contract he has, and he'll return to Canada in two years. (We are both citizens of Canada)

What can I do to accompany him? I hear so many conflicting things: that Canadians DO NOT need a visa to visit the US for an extended period, but they have to return to Canada every 6 months. (??)
If the latter is the case, how long must I remain in Canada before I can return to the USA?

Do I need an affadavit of support from my partner, though he is not a US citizen?

Do I need a passport? A B-2 visa?

Anyone in the same situation can respond here, or email me...or recommend a better site? Thanks!
Danielle is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.