British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dna-test-executed-rapist-result-347992/)

franc11s Jan 12th 2006 9:46 pm

DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

Guilty as charged, guilty as convicted, guilty as executed....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/12/dn....ap/index.html

And the best quote :

Death penalty advocates welcomed the results. "Stop the presses -- it turns out that rapists and killers are also liars," Michael Paranzino, president of a group called Throw Away the Key, said in a statement.

fatbrit Jan 12th 2006 9:50 pm

Re: DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

Originally Posted by franc11s

And the best quote :

Death penalty advocates welcomed the results. "Stop the presses -- it turns out that rapists and killers are also liars," Michael Paranzino, president of a group called Throw Away the Key, said in a statement.

And when did DNA ever prove crime? Silly, blind man!

BigDavyG Jan 12th 2006 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by franc11s

And the best quote :

To be fair there could have been plenty of ways that his sperm could have gotten inside her without him having to have raped and beheaded her though I guess that those issues were dealt with during his original trial.
Still, DNA testing as far as I'm aware can never prove conclusively that anyone did anything, just that some part of them was in a certain place at a certain time.

I do like the quote at the end though - perhaps someone could send it to Cherie Blair and other scumbag lawyers of her ilk.

Celtic_Angel Jan 12th 2006 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit

and when would DNA evidence be the one and only piece of evidence?? It's part of the puzzle...obviously to convict a person other evidence was put forth....

You seem so adamant to be on the criminals side...are you a defence lawyer? :p

something tells me you may not feel so liberal if your wife was waiting home all afternoon for the plumber...you came home and she was dead on the kitchen floor in a pool of her own blood...and the plumber was caught....his seamen was found in her...threads from her clothing etc found on him....would you so dismissively reject the possibility of a crime?...or would you just assume the only crime was an affair and after her lover had left your wife slipped and banged her head lethally on the counter??

it seems to me you would like us to believe you'd think the plumber was innocent unless you had witnessed the crime yourself.....and even if you had...there would always be someone out there that wouldn't think you a reliable witness at all....they'd need more evidence...a video of the murder perhaps?...but then they can be doctored ...a confession from the plumber?....he's mad don't believe a word he says!........ some people will never be satisfied if a person is convicted and given the death penalty but the bottom line is...some people are just bad.

If they are capable of a heinous crime...and are found guilty via several reliable sources then I say....fry em!

fatbrit Jan 12th 2006 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
and when would DNA evidence be the one and only piece of evidence?? It's part of the puzzle...obviously to convict a person other evidence was put forth....

You seem so adamant to be on the criminals side...are you a defence lawyer? :p

something tells me you may not feel so liberal if your wife was waiting home all afternoon for the plumber...you came home and she was dead on the kitchen floor in a pool of her own blood...and the plumber was caught....his seamen was found in her...threads from her clothing etc found on him....would you so dismissively reject the possibility of a crime?...or would you just assume the only crime was an affair and after her lover had left your wife slipped and banged her head lethally on the counter??

it seems to me you would like us to believe you'd think the plumber was innocent unless you had witnessed the crime yourself.....and even if you had...there would always be someone out there that wouldn't think you a reliable witness at all....they'd need more evidence...a video of the murder perhaps?...but then they can be doctored ...a confession from the plumber?....he's mad don't believe a word he says!........ some people will never be satisfied if a person is convicted and given the death penalty but the bottom line is...some people are just bad.

If they are capable of a heinous crime...and are found guilty via several reliable sources then I say....fry em!

This was really a no-win situation for death penalty proponents. It could have caused great doubt on the validity of the execution had the DNA test not shown a match. But, unfortunately, the converse does not hold true, much though those with simple minds would like it to.

I merely want to point out that reliance on DNA to prove guilt is neither logical nor sensible. It has a part to play, but it will never, ever completely prove or disprove guilt. But we've been over these arguments many time in the last couple of months.

And you're right -- I will never be happy with the death penalty and will oppose it whatever. But I will also not oppose valid arguments for the death penalty (of which there are some) with the same mindless claptrap as demonstrated here by our friendly OP.

gruffbrown Jan 12th 2006 11:43 pm

What's the National Dyslexia Association got to do with it?

Angry White Pyjamas Jan 13th 2006 12:17 am

While I'm willing to believe sex between adults may be consual without further evidence to the contrary im not prepared to believe that beheading is.

fatbrit Jan 13th 2006 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
While I'm willing to believe sex between adults may be consual without further evidence to the contrary im not prepared to believe that beheading is.

:confused: If you find somebody's DNA at a crime scene, it shows that their DNA probably got their. Only probably since as the article specifies the accuracy is 1 in 19 million, it's not quite unique, is it? It tells us nothing about how the DNA got there.

Certainly, someone whose DNA is found at a crime scene is a suspect. But the fact that somebody's DNA is found at a crime scene gives me absolutely no proof that a crime took place whatsoever. Produced with other evidence, we might find enough proof for a conviction.

And to tell us that we can happily execute folks merely coz we've got a DNA match is pure stupidity. And to use it to justify execution is even more nonsensical.

Thydney Jan 13th 2006 12:58 am

As far as I have read/viewed he was convicted by 'a mountain of evidence' but claimed it had been misread this was meant to be the piece of evidence that would prove his innocence.

DNA doesn't prove anything by itself but in this case and in the context of all the evidence prooves he if no one else was executed for the crime they were guilty of.

Thydney Jan 13th 2006 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
im not prepared to believe that beheading is.

Put a whole new meaning to giving head

fatbrit Jan 13th 2006 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Thydney
As far as I have read/viewed he was convicted by 'a mountain of evidence' but claimed it had been misread this was meant to be the piece of evidence that would prove his innocence.

DNA doesn't prove anything by itself but in this case and in the context of all the evidence prooves he if no one else was executed for the crime they were guilty of.

I'm pretty sure by what I read that he was guilty. But the DNA test had much more power to prove his innocence than his guilt. Therefore, DNA tests are not a solution to one of the many issues in implementing the death penalty: proving guilt and not making irreversible errors.

Patrick Jan 13th 2006 1:15 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
To be fair there could have been plenty of ways that his sperm could have gotten inside her without him having to have raped and beheaded her.

What are those "plenty of ways that his sperm could have gotten inside her"?

1. He masturbated on her tampon
2. His sperm was playing hide and go seek in her douche
3. She slipped and fell at the exact time his ejaculate was flying through the air and it accidently found its way into her vaginal canal
4. The sperm was fedex'd to her uterus
5. He came in her breakfast cereal and the time she was found dead the cereal had made its way to the vagina
6. The sperm booked two weeks in Ibiza but the airline had overbooked the flight so they went to her viagina instead for a 2 week vacation
7. Her womb secretly made sperm with the same DNA as the guy
8. She went to the sperm bank and withdrew his sperm and used a turkey baster
9. The sperm got evicted from scrotum and rented an apartment in her uterus
10. Someone stole the guys sperm while he was sleeping and threw it through her window and it landed on the gusset of her knickers. When she put them on it climbed up.
11. The sperm was driving round looking for the walmart, got lost and ended up in her vagina
12. She was swimming in the ocean and his sperm, which was swimming round in the ocean too, gravitated up her hoo-hay
13. The sperm's car broke down and was hitching a ride in her vaginal canal
14. He was having sex with another woman and used her as protection
15. The sperm dressed up as ghosts for Halloween and knocked on the Labia and said "trick or treat" and the labia said trick so while the clitoris wasnt looking they ran in and hid in the uterus

looselips Jan 13th 2006 1:36 am

I remember this guy...Time Magazine had him on the cover stating "This Man Might Be Innocent. This Man Is Due to Die." (I googled the headline and year 1992).Everyone who said he was innocent touted the accuracy of current DNA testing and how they wanted it done until it confirmed his guilt.

My heart is with the family right now....and the family before this one (after he was jailed for attempted rape).

His supporters often said if the DNA tests show Coleman to be guilty, then McCoy’s family can indeed rest knowing that Wanda’s killer was punished; if he is innocent, then the case to find her real killers can begin.

The tests were a service to the family as much as they are to the public at large. We now know the answer to the tests. Guilty as charged.

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 1:48 am

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
What's the National Dyslexia Association got to do with it?

awww I tried to karma that... so I'll tell you the message....."oh piss off!!""

:p :D

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 1:50 am

But I will also not oppose valid arguments for the death penalty (of which there are some) with the same mindless claptrap as demonstrated here by our friendly OP.

Glad to hear it :) .....though I will admit...I never did read the article in the OP :o :p

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Thydney
Put a whole new meaning to giving head

pmsl!!!!!! I karma'd the wrong post!! :p

Seriously though there are some sick bastards out there...I used to watch cold case files and some other shows...it's stuff to give you nightmares, seemingly ordinary people commiting terrible heinous crimes :eek: :scared:

BigDavyG Jan 13th 2006 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Patrick

3. She slipped and fell at the exact time his ejaculate was flying through the air and it accidently found its way into her vaginal canal
5. He came in her breakfast cereal and the time she was found dead the cereal had made its way to the vagina
6. The sperm booked two weeks in Ibiza but the airline had overbooked the flight so they went to her virgina instead for a 2 week vacation
10. Someone stole the guys sperm while he was sleeping and threw it through her window and it landed on the gusset of her knickers. When she put them on it climbed up.
11. The sperm was driving round looking for the walmart, got lost and ended up in her vagina
12. She was swimming in the ocean and his sperm, which was swimming round in the ocean too, gravitated up her hoo-hay

Or he could have had consensual sex with her :rolleyes:

Patrick Jan 13th 2006 2:31 am

How is consensual sex plenty of ways! On your planet, what exactly does the word plenty mean, here on earth it means -

plenty
noun
A full or completely adequate amount or supply: plenty of time.
A large quantity or amount; an abundance: “Awards and honors came to her in plenty” (Joyce Carol Oates)
A condition of general abundance or prosperity: “fruitful regions gladdened by plenty and lulled by peace!” (Samuel Johnson)
adjective
Plentiful; abundant: “Ships were then not so plenty in those waters as now” (Herman Melville)
adverb
Informal
Sufficiently; very: It's plenty hot.

So really, there was one other way his sperm could have ended up in the body of headless woman - he had consenting sex, then after he finished he beheaded her - God, I have had some shit fuks in my time but not once have I wanted to chop her head off

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 2:32 am

I just read the link...the guys long dead ffs! :rolleyes: don't we have guys who are alive on death row...shouldn't we be using the resources on them ...or maybe on the current crime being commited..... :rolleyes:

BigDavyG Jan 13th 2006 2:33 am

How is consensual sex plenty of ways! On your planet, what exactly does the word plenty meant, here on earth it meeans -

He could have had consensual sex with her on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday - there's 5 ways to start with.

Patrick Jan 13th 2006 2:34 am

He could have had consensual sex with her on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday - there's 5 ways to start with.

Technically thats one way, plenty of times

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 2:37 am

pmsl maybe this is how I really got pregnant all those times!!! :eek:

BigDavyG Jan 13th 2006 2:38 am

So really, there was one other way his sperm could have ended up in the body of headless woman - he had consenting sex, then after he finished he beheaded her - God, I have had some shit fuks in my time but not once have I wanted to chop her head off

OK, so just to clarify.
On the basis that his jizz was found in her we know that he had sex with the victim.
How do you move front that statement to then claiming that he lopped her head off on the strength of the DNA evidence alone (ie his jizz in the victim) ??
If you're going to be pedantic about this you've picked the wrong person to start on :)

Patrick Jan 13th 2006 2:40 am

OK, so just to clarify.
On the basis that his jizz was found in her we know that he had sex with the victim.
How do you move front that statement to then claiming that he lopped her head off on the strength of the DNA evidence alone (ie his jizz in the victim) ??
If you're going to be pedantic about this you've picked the wrong person to start on :)

I didnt make that conclusion, the jury did!

I'm taking there word for it as they sat through the trial and heard all the evidence. You and I on the other hand are just reading reports over 20 years later.

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 2:43 am

OK, so just to clarify.

obviously a jury was presented with other conclusive evidence...the fact that there is DNA evidence to prove that they made the right choice is just the cherry on top...if the jurors had ever doubted themselves afterward ...I think they can now feel even more confident that they made the right choice :)

BigDavyG Jan 13th 2006 2:43 am

I didnt make that conclusion, the jury did!

Indeed, and shock horror, they were able to do it without the DNA evidence which this thread is all about and which you were implying proved matey boy to be guilty as charged.

BigDavyG Jan 13th 2006 2:45 am

obviously a jury was presented with other conclusive evidence...the fact that there is DNA evidence to prove that they made the right choice is just the cherry on top...if the jurors had ever doubted themselves afterward ...I think they can now feel even more confident that they made the right choice :)

Don't get me wrong - I have no doubt that this f**ker deserved to fry, all I'm saying is that DNA evidence merely proved that he had sex with her at some point, and nothing else - in fact it doesn't even do that - it just proves that it was his sperm inside her.

Patrick Jan 13th 2006 2:48 am

Indeed, and shock horror, they were able to do it without the DNA evidence which this thread is all about and which you were implying proved matey boy to be guilty as charged.

I wasnt implying anything, I just wrote 15 funny ways the sperm could have entered her body, because as you so rightly pointed out, there are plenty of ways sperm can find its way into a decapitated womans vagina!

Leslie Jan 13th 2006 2:54 am

I always decapitate those I've had consensual sex with. :)

Fancy a shag?

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 2:55 am

Don't get me wrong - I have no doubt that this f**ker deserved to fry, all I'm saying is that DNA evidence merely proved that he had sex with her at some point, and nothing else - in fact it doesn't even do that - it just proves that it was his sperm inside her.

oh ffs .....please refer to Patrick's post....how else is his sperm gonna get there?? :confused: I know! the real murderer..gave him a blow job...pretended to swallow...promptly went to the bathroom were he spat the sperm into a plastic baggy...then ran over commit the murder and used a turkey baster to apply the incriminating evidence??? :rolleyes:

yeah they probably made the right choice cos we were all a little less p.c then....who knows what wrong choices a juror may now make based on their conscience, faith and bias.....hopefully the system does rule out these people during the elective process.

Patrick Jan 13th 2006 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Leslie66

Fancy a shag?

They would probably kill themselfs anyway once they sobered up and realised they had slept with you

Leslie Jan 13th 2006 2:58 am

:D :D

If I ever manage to stop laughing I'll add this....

He borrowed her toothbrush moments before she twatted herself with it. :eek:

6. The sperm booked two weeks in Ibiza but the airline had overbooked the flight so they went to her viagina instead for a 2 week vacation
15. The sperm dressed up as ghosts for Halloween and knocked on the Labia and said "trick or treat" and the labia said trick so while the clitoris wasnt looking they ran in and hid in the uterus

Leslie Jan 13th 2006 2:59 am

They would probably kill themselfs anyway once they sobered up and realised they had slept with you

I was wondering why none of them returned my calls. :o

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 2:59 am

Fancy a shag?

your nickname ain't Praying Mantis for nothin'

never trust a person who has their hands up in prayer :scared: :eek:

Leslie Jan 13th 2006 3:18 am

your nickname ain't Praying Mantis for nothin'

never trust a person who has their hands up in prayer :scared: :eek:

Well, FFS!! Her head was missing and she was brutalized. Would anybody in their right mind question why his sperm was in her vagina?

BIG CLUE FOR THOSE HARD OF THINKING:

He was not her boyfriend.

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 3:21 am

Well, FFS!! Her head was missing and she was brutalized. Would anybody in their right mind question why his sperm was in her vagina?

BIG CLUE FOR THOSE HARD OF THINKING:

He was not her boyfriend.

I think this thread has taken a turn for the BETTER!!! :p :D and i thought I was gonna get flamed for my posts :p

Leslie Jan 13th 2006 3:25 am

I think this thread has taken a turn for the BETTER!!! :p :D and i thought I was gonna get flamed for my posts :p

The freaky little bastard did it. :mad:

Patrick Jan 13th 2006 3:29 am

The freaky little bastard did it. :mad:

Don't call me a bastard, I have lots of Dads!

Celtic_Angel Jan 13th 2006 3:31 am

good job they all have one name :p :p

Leslie Jan 13th 2006 3:56 am

bastard