Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:46 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

Guilty as charged, guilty as convicted, guilty as executed....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/12/dn....ap/index.html

And the best quote :

Death penalty advocates welcomed the results. "Stop the presses -- it turns out that rapists and killers are also liars," Michael Paranzino, president of a group called Throw Away the Key, said in a statement.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:50 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

Originally Posted by franc11s

And the best quote :

Death penalty advocates welcomed the results. "Stop the presses -- it turns out that rapists and killers are also liars," Michael Paranzino, president of a group called Throw Away the Key, said in a statement.

And when did DNA ever prove crime? Silly, blind man!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:58 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s

And the best quote :

To be fair there could have been plenty of ways that his sperm could have gotten inside her without him having to have raped and beheaded her though I guess that those issues were dealt with during his original trial.
Still, DNA testing as far as I'm aware can never prove conclusively that anyone did anything, just that some part of them was in a certain place at a certain time.

I do like the quote at the end though - perhaps someone could send it to Cherie Blair and other scumbag lawyers of her ilk.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:56 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
and when would DNA evidence be the one and only piece of evidence?? It's part of the puzzle...obviously to convict a person other evidence was put forth....

You seem so adamant to be on the criminals side...are you a defence lawyer?

something tells me you may not feel so liberal if your wife was waiting home all afternoon for the plumber...you came home and she was dead on the kitchen floor in a pool of her own blood...and the plumber was caught....his seamen was found in her...threads from her clothing etc found on him....would you so dismissively reject the possibility of a crime?...or would you just assume the only crime was an affair and after her lover had left your wife slipped and banged her head lethally on the counter??

it seems to me you would like us to believe you'd think the plumber was innocent unless you had witnessed the crime yourself.....and even if you had...there would always be someone out there that wouldn't think you a reliable witness at all....they'd need more evidence...a video of the murder perhaps?...but then they can be doctored ...a confession from the plumber?....he's mad don't believe a word he says!........ some people will never be satisfied if a person is convicted and given the death penalty but the bottom line is...some people are just bad.

If they are capable of a heinous crime...and are found guilty via several reliable sources then I say....fry em!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:18 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
and when would DNA evidence be the one and only piece of evidence?? It's part of the puzzle...obviously to convict a person other evidence was put forth....

You seem so adamant to be on the criminals side...are you a defence lawyer?

something tells me you may not feel so liberal if your wife was waiting home all afternoon for the plumber...you came home and she was dead on the kitchen floor in a pool of her own blood...and the plumber was caught....his seamen was found in her...threads from her clothing etc found on him....would you so dismissively reject the possibility of a crime?...or would you just assume the only crime was an affair and after her lover had left your wife slipped and banged her head lethally on the counter??

it seems to me you would like us to believe you'd think the plumber was innocent unless you had witnessed the crime yourself.....and even if you had...there would always be someone out there that wouldn't think you a reliable witness at all....they'd need more evidence...a video of the murder perhaps?...but then they can be doctored ...a confession from the plumber?....he's mad don't believe a word he says!........ some people will never be satisfied if a person is convicted and given the death penalty but the bottom line is...some people are just bad.

If they are capable of a heinous crime...and are found guilty via several reliable sources then I say....fry em!
This was really a no-win situation for death penalty proponents. It could have caused great doubt on the validity of the execution had the DNA test not shown a match. But, unfortunately, the converse does not hold true, much though those with simple minds would like it to.

I merely want to point out that reliance on DNA to prove guilt is neither logical nor sensible. It has a part to play, but it will never, ever completely prove or disprove guilt. But we've been over these arguments many time in the last couple of months.

And you're right -- I will never be happy with the death penalty and will oppose it whatever. But I will also not oppose valid arguments for the death penalty (of which there are some) with the same mindless claptrap as demonstrated here by our friendly OP.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:43 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

What's the National Dyslexia Association got to do with it?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

While I'm willing to believe sex between adults may be consual without further evidence to the contrary im not prepared to believe that beheading is.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:30 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
While I'm willing to believe sex between adults may be consual without further evidence to the contrary im not prepared to believe that beheading is.
If you find somebody's DNA at a crime scene, it shows that their DNA probably got their. Only probably since as the article specifies the accuracy is 1 in 19 million, it's not quite unique, is it? It tells us nothing about how the DNA got there.

Certainly, someone whose DNA is found at a crime scene is a suspect. But the fact that somebody's DNA is found at a crime scene gives me absolutely no proof that a crime took place whatsoever. Produced with other evidence, we might find enough proof for a conviction.

And to tell us that we can happily execute folks merely coz we've got a DNA match is pure stupidity. And to use it to justify execution is even more nonsensical.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:58 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I have read/viewed he was convicted by 'a mountain of evidence' but claimed it had been misread this was meant to be the piece of evidence that would prove his innocence.

DNA doesn't prove anything by itself but in this case and in the context of all the evidence prooves he if no one else was executed for the crime they were guilty of.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:59 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
im not prepared to believe that beheading is.

Put a whole new meaning to giving head
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:13 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Thydney
As far as I have read/viewed he was convicted by 'a mountain of evidence' but claimed it had been misread this was meant to be the piece of evidence that would prove his innocence.

DNA doesn't prove anything by itself but in this case and in the context of all the evidence prooves he if no one else was executed for the crime they were guilty of.

I'm pretty sure by what I read that he was guilty. But the DNA test had much more power to prove his innocence than his guilt. Therefore, DNA tests are not a solution to one of the many issues in implementing the death penalty: proving guilt and not making irreversible errors.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:15 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
To be fair there could have been plenty of ways that his sperm could have gotten inside her without him having to have raped and beheaded her.
What are those "plenty of ways that his sperm could have gotten inside her"?

1. He masturbated on her tampon
2. His sperm was playing hide and go seek in her douche
3. She slipped and fell at the exact time his ejaculate was flying through the air and it accidently found its way into her vaginal canal
4. The sperm was fedex'd to her uterus
5. He came in her breakfast cereal and the time she was found dead the cereal had made its way to the vagina
6. The sperm booked two weeks in Ibiza but the airline had overbooked the flight so they went to her viagina instead for a 2 week vacation
7. Her womb secretly made sperm with the same DNA as the guy
8. She went to the sperm bank and withdrew his sperm and used a turkey baster
9. The sperm got evicted from scrotum and rented an apartment in her uterus
10. Someone stole the guys sperm while he was sleeping and threw it through her window and it landed on the gusset of her knickers. When she put them on it climbed up.
11. The sperm was driving round looking for the walmart, got lost and ended up in her vagina
12. She was swimming in the ocean and his sperm, which was swimming round in the ocean too, gravitated up her hoo-hay
13. The sperm's car broke down and was hitching a ride in her vaginal canal
14. He was having sex with another woman and used her as protection
15. The sperm dressed up as ghosts for Halloween and knocked on the Labia and said "trick or treat" and the labia said trick so while the clitoris wasnt looking they ran in and hid in the uterus

Last edited by Patrick; Jan 12th 2006 at 2:28 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:36 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

I remember this guy...Time Magazine had him on the cover stating "This Man Might Be Innocent. This Man Is Due to Die." (I googled the headline and year 1992).Everyone who said he was innocent touted the accuracy of current DNA testing and how they wanted it done until it confirmed his guilt.

My heart is with the family right now....and the family before this one (after he was jailed for attempted rape).

His supporters often said if the DNA tests show Coleman to be guilty, then McCoy’s family can indeed rest knowing that Wanda’s killer was punished; if he is innocent, then the case to find her real killers can begin.

The tests were a service to the family as much as they are to the public at large. We now know the answer to the tests. Guilty as charged.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:48 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
What's the National Dyslexia Association got to do with it?
awww I tried to karma that... so I'll tell you the message....."oh piss off!!""

Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:50 pm
Back Again

But I will also not oppose valid arguments for the death penalty (of which there are some) with the same mindless claptrap as demonstrated here by our friendly OP.
Glad to hear it .....though I will admit...I never did read the article in the OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.