Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are DMV employees trained to be as unhelpful as possible?

Are DMV employees trained to be as unhelpful as possible?

Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:54 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are DMV employees trained to be as unhelpful as possible?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hehe. I called you today.........you must have been taking your nap........we had a troll invasion.......nice to play with but his cover was blown.
So I read earlier ... had an afternoon in the pool ...
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
So I read earlier ... had an afternoon in the pool ...
Lucky you, our heaters not working for some reason, hubby's working on it.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you, our heaters not working for some reason, hubby's working on it.
Don't even need the heater on now ... water a pleasant 86f
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Don't even need the heater on now ... water a pleasant 86f
Too cold for me......gotta be over 90F.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:06 am
Ray

Too cold for me......gotta be over 90F.
Thats a bleedin hot bath ..and a algae breeding ground ...I bet you get thru a lot of Chlorine
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

As my daughter is 21 next month she received a letter stating that her drivers licence has to be renewed before the end of May. She is away at uni. but will be home for Memorial Day weekend. Yesterday I went into the local DMV office to enquire if they would be open on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. The only answer I could get was 'probably not', when I asked if there was anyone who could give me a definite answer I was given a leaflet.

When I got back to my car I looked at the leaflet and saw it was written in Spanish, not one word of English. Do I look freakin' Spanish? I am fair skinned, have blonde hair and blue eyes. I was furious but knew I wouldn't get anywhere if I went back into the office. When I got home I called the DMV helpline, when I enquired about Memorial Day weekend I was asked, 'when is that?'

Are these people thick or purposely unhelpful or both?
The salesman at Verizon Wireless gave me the mail-in rebate form in Spanish even though I'd already told him I didn't speak it.

I gave it to the other half to translate.

EDIT: He'd put it in the bag before I saw it, I only knew once I got home.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Apr 27th 2006 at 3:51 am.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
Thats a bleedin hot bath ..and a algae breeding ground ...I bet you get thru a lot of Chlorine
.........and gas.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:13 pm
Ray

.........and gas.
No!! Gas heating ...that's so expensive ...two to four times the price of a decent heat pump ...get a Jandy 2500

Cost to operate heat pumps is low because they are so energy
efficient. You will usually get about one dollar's worth of heat for
20 cents paid for electric input

Because of the low efficiency of gas heaters, their operating cost is usually high. A $1.00 worth of heat requires $1.20 or more of fuel
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
No!! Gas heating ...that's so expensive ...two to four times the price of a decent heat pump ...get a Jandy 2500

Cost to operate heat pumps is low because they are so energy
efficient. You will usually get about one dollar's worth of heat for
20 cents paid for electric input

Because of the low efficiency of gas heaters, their operating cost is usually high. A $1.00 worth of heat requires $1.20 or more of fuel
Tell me about it. It costs a fortune to heat our pool. We had the depth reduced last fall 'cos it was approx. 14' deep at one end.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:38 pm
Ray

Tell me about it. It costs a fortune to heat our pool. We had the depth reduced last fall 'cos it was approx. 14' deep at one end.
Thats ridiculous!!!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
Thats ridiculous!!!
We inherited the pool when the house was built 'cos it belonged to an old farmhouse that stood on our property. We've had it reduced to 6' max, its 40' x 20' so that's a lot of water to heat.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:56 pm
Ray

We inherited the pool when the house was built 'cos it belonged to an old farmhouse that stood on our property. We've had it reduced to 6' max, its 40' x 20' so that's a lot of water to heat.
About 30k gallons ... yup thats a lot ......
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
About 30k gallons ... yup thats a lot ......
More when it was 14ft deep. It was completely refurbished when we moved here 8 yrs ago, new lines, pump, filter, GAS heater.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 7:48 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
"Computer says no."
*cough*
Old Apr 27th 2006, 7:53 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

They were not breast fed.