Reload this Page >

DMV change of address in CA

DMV change of address in CA

Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:18 am
Just Joined

rk164 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DMV change of address in CA

Hi,

I currently live in CA and and moving address within CA.

When I applied for my driving license I did not register to vote since I am not a citizen.

Now that I am moving address I need to fill out a DMV form. One of the sections is about voter change of address. It states: 'Mark this box if you do not want to change your voting address'.

Should I mark the box or not since I am not registered to vote (I have a GC)?

Thanks in advance

rk164

Last edited by rk164; Sep 9th 2009 at 2:21 am.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DMV change of address in CA

Originally Posted by rk164
Draw a line through the entire question, since it clearly doesn't apply to you.

Ian
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rk164
Hi,

I currently live in CA and and moving address within CA.

When I applied for my driving license I did not register to vote since I am not a citizen.

Now that I am moving address I need to fill out a DMV form. One of the sections is about voter change of address. It states: 'Mark this box if you do not want to change your voting address'.

Thanks in advance

rk164

Yep I have moved in CA just do as Ian said or do as I did and put N/A next to it.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to report your change of address to USCIS.
Change of Address
This is required not for mail, but registering your whereabouts.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

You can directly change your address online here: CA DMV Change of Address
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yep I have moved in CA just do as Ian said or do as I did and put N/A next to it.
Hi:

Good move. There is a tension between the 1993 "Motor Voter" legislation and the 1996 amendments which added unlawful voting the mix of grounds of deportation. In fact, the only published case on this involved this volatile mix.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

I did mine online and did not check the box. So no worries there.
I still have my original license with my old address so they don't reissue the license. I know the new address is on the database as I had a confirmation letter or similar.