Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Divorce Laws for British Citizens in Colorado?

Divorce Laws for British Citizens in Colorado?

Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Divorce Laws for British Citizens in Colorado?

Originally Posted by Paint
Thanks - I will see if I can find a free consultation with a lawyer, and contact the British Embassy for advice. I'll also look at the websites you posted.

Thanks again,
Paint
Where are you in CO, roughly.

Just in case I can find a recomendation.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:10 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paint
Thanks - I will see if I can find a free consultation with a lawyer, and contact the British Embassy for advice. I'll also look at the websites you posted.

Thanks again,
Paint
For an idea of what child support would end up being.

Hopefully your husband understands that in 90% of the cases, Mom will get physical custody of the kids, dad will pay appx 25% of his gross salary per child in support. T

his usually ends up making both sides- Mom and Dad live near the poverty level- or on a very diminished income level compared to what was shared before. Usually means both have to rent vs. own a home (or shack up with someone), usually means very little may go into retirement... all of which do nothing good for the kids involved.
Hopefully he's not just letting his Johnson do the thinking
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer
Hopefully he's not just letting his Johnson do the thinking
Whats a female Johnson?

That was what happened to my friend.

Stupid thing is that they sold the house and both must each be paying close to the mortgage to rent individually,
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:34 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough someone at work told me that the party who initiates a divorce and starts warfare on their spouse, is usually cheating. I don't think mine was, but was told not to be so sure.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:36 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Whats a female Johnson?
A Hilary?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
One other thing- if you can not afford an attorney out of 'your' pocket, most courst will order him to pay it out of 'his' or 'yours plural'. I had to pay for my ex wife's attorney (which I always thought was bullshlt)- even to the extent that the SOB put a lein on my house for the amount!!
Actually she can and should turn around and retain a divorce attorney with husband paying the fee and SUE HIM for divorce. A no-fault state does not mean there are only no-fault divorces.